Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football QB star Carson Beck should draw added motivation from video game cover oversight

SystemSystem Posts: 11,029 admin
edited May 18 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football QB star Carson Beck should draw added motivation from video game cover oversight

ATHENS — Carson Beck is the co-Heisman Trophy favorite and the face of the preseason No. 1-ranked Georgia Bulldogs, but he might not be getting his fair due when it comes to the national narrative.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DawggieDawggie Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well Mike, two of those guys led their teams to the CFP last season. Beck didn’t.

Hopefully he gets it done this season.

Go Dawgs!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 19

"2 out of 3."??? What did the other guy do for his Program or Conference? What were His qualifications?

My guess is...Beck elected NOT to be on the cover. It doesn't advance his goals for a Natty, one bit. I remember a couple of other players that got involved in the PR game, in the middle of an "attempted" Championship run. And…IMO...it sunk their chances, for whatever reason.

The worst I can recall, was when Jake Fromm did a skit for the SEC Network...imitating Georgia "George" Washington crossing the Delaware and such. I believe that was the week before the South Carolina stinker in '19.

Jalen Hurts got caught wrapped around the same PR Axle in '17.…when the SEC Network did something similar with a focus on Him. He wound up bombing and being replaced by Tua the next year. One minute..."the talk of the town"...and…"pickin' splinters out of your butt"...the next.

That's what the cover of anything will get most of these guys, IMO. Glad to see Beck take a Pass-adina (i'm assuming) on the hype machine money. If he didn't get it...due to some other reason..."Good". It was a **** of good luck in the Dawgs favor....IMO.

Wasn't Beck one of the late Commitments to EA Sports? Seems like there were a few holdouts. Hard to keep up with their financial picture, when I have one of my own to worry about. Lmao

Go Dawgs...Nod to Beck and Stockton and the rest of the AKC Registered [pending] "Georgia Bulldog" Kennel. Sic em boys…they're disrespecting you again....LMAO....cause, they THINK it's over. They have no idea....you're just getting started. Like the eye of a hurricane...2023 was just the front eye-wall of UGA sister-storms engulfing College Football.

The worst is yet to come....for the rest of CFB. And, the best is yet to come for Beck and the UGA Bulldogs. In 2024...there WILL be a reckoning. Can't wait to see it. Lil

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Beck is thinking about the Heisman trophy or being a high draft choice or his Lamborghini or being on the cover of a video game you can write the epitaph for the '24 season right now. His one and only thought should be winning the SEC championship.

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Really Mike? I doubt if Beck gives a hang about any of this. Slow news day?

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Reasonably sure Carson doesn’t care about this. At least I hope he doesn’t. Focus on getting better should be what he cares about, which is more than likely exactly what he is doing.

• SequoiaDawgSequoiaDawg Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

…talkin season. Only thing Spurrier ever said that I don't mind quoting.