Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Social media reacts to bombshell Jaden Rashada lawsuit against Billy Napier, Florida

SystemSystem Posts: 10,649 admin
edited May 21 in Article commenting
imageSocial media reacts to bombshell Jaden Rashada lawsuit against Billy Napier, Florida

The Georgia-Florida rivalry just got a whole lot more interesting.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JackJack Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

Was it not just a few years ago we all liked reading the college sports news?

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

This lawsuit should be dumped into the laps of the politicians that started this crap.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 762 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What our govt in allowing thes kids to do XUS. Ohh the days when the kids signed on for a scholarship….. an education!!!

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 149 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hope we didn’t sign a flake with this Rashada kid.

• Options
    WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 97 ✭✭✭ Junior

My hope is that this does not become a distraction. We cannot have that of all years.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What have we gotten ourselves into with this kid?

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

Promising a high school player $13 million is obscene! I think it's time we see published numbers for every player so we can see what we are paying for them! SMDH!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hugh Hathcock is an old friend of mine. I remember when he started his quest to become financially successful. He started with little to nothing and over time has built an empire of wealth. He has worked hard along the way. The man can sell you anything and has a special gift of gab. He use to have a decent golf game although we have not played together in years. While I'm no Florida fan, I do hate to see this lawsuit. It's the beginning of the next phase of college football destruction. NIL is out of control with little to no oversight.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My only critique of NIL is that it takes away from TEAM to emphasize or set apart the individual player…..truly great players realize this. Players like Brock Bowers and Ladd McConkey "shared" their blessings know full well that if not for others….team mates/starters to scout team, coaches/pee-wee to college, fans, parent/family, The University….. their exploits/successes on the field would never happen. If it were up to me, all NIL proceeds would go into a collective to be distributed proportionally according to playing time with injured players receiving a fixed percentage until their return.

As for the Gators……I learned early on when I started my career in Waycross, GA that you NEVER trust a gator! Let the facts be revealed in court and the guilty pay or a swift settlement be reached.