Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN shares which position is the biggest future concern for Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,698 admin
edited June 20 in Article commenting
imageESPN shares which position is the biggest future concern for Georgia football

Georgia is loaded at almost every position on an annual basis. When you recruit like Georgia has, you’re often going to have one of the more talented teams in the country. Offensive line and inside linebacker have seemingly been a strength every year for the Bulldogs.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A giant nothingburger…

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 193 ✭✭✭ Junior

The article seems to be focused on the future. My version of the future is what happens in the fall.

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Article that is filling dead space…

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With the Dawgs...what else can you write about? Lol..."Everything is is peachy in Athens....just like you thought.....Story at eleven.".

Anyway...I appreciate the effort to keep what I call, "the sports purgatory period", interesting. It's what used to keep kids outdoors, playing ball. Now, they just use a joystick. Lol

Go git em Big Red 'G'...eat em up, like a Pac-Man.

• Options

We are truly spoiled. Living in the glory days of the sport imo. Only a few schools have ever had it this good. Trying to find flaws in the program is difficult.

• Options

Lol...remember the days when it was difficult to find a bright spot. Yeah...I got NO complaints.

To the entire UGA Athletic Department...Bravo Zulu...Keep up the great work!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll take the "Bobo" philosophy everyday of the week…….spread the ball around rather than have one prima donna receiver…. TE's, RB's WR's are all targets at UGA……as Kirby espouses: the ball goes to the player that has the best ability to advance it or score…..the more targets you have on every play the better your chances to score. This also reduces the "wear and tear" on QB's insuring quick releases allowing our O-Line to thwart the designs of aggressive defenders.

So, from my point of view, I'd say prospects for 24 couldn't get much brighter as The DAWGS might have some questions at the WR position BUT we have the best 'Receiving Corp" in college football!

• Options
    MakdawgMakdawg Posts: 20 ✭ Freshman

There are no concerns other than click bait. I love our receivers. And I am fine with transfers and through recruiting. This is the way that seems to work for UGA. There will come a time when we battle with the likes of USC and Ohio State for the all world receivers, and if that happens, well it will just not be fair. With that said, while Georgia does not typically have the top 2 receivers in college football, that is deceptive because we are head and shoulders above everyone with TEs that function like receivers to some extent and then you have kids like Ladd! Ladd will be one of the top WRs in the NFL. You may think that I am crazy but he is one of the fastest guys period, also has deceptive speed, and runs routes perfectly. In the right system, he will one day lead the NFL, oh and the future best TE in the NFL…..no surprise Brock Bowers, what a steal in the NFL draft, OMG!

I do love Bell this year and I am very happy with Lovett, Rara, Humprhreys (hearing good things), Arian Smith is just do for a breakout year (if he relaxes and catches the ball, holy crap!) and we have a guy named Michael Jackson and Nitro - so that is just awesome!

• Options

We are going to end up with the best wr class ever. Taylor, Rolden, Wiley, etc. Are you kiddding me? This class we are bringing in is another #1 class. The DL though with Isaiah, Elijah, and Justus is going to be epic. Zayden at LB, Inokko (long), etc. This class combined with the last 2 classes equals National Championships - Multiple next 4 years.

• Options
    edited June 24

IMO.…A lot of NFL Teams and Coaches are going to "seriously regret", NOT targeting Bowers in the draft. Their GM's and fans, were blinded by the flash & enamored with the lure of a new toy "quarterback" or "wide receiver".

Brock Bowers wasn't splashy enough for a lot of the fan bases...strictly because of the title in front of his name..."Tight End".

Lol...I said a few years ago, that Kirby Smart [and Todd Monkin] were going to cause a lot of people to reexamine and redefine some position groups...TE being one of em.

The elite level of talent and athleticism Kirby has cultivated and maintained, across the board...in all position groups.…gives him license to innovate. To throw the labels and tags away and apply his own. Paradigms are shifting every year in Athens.

Now...they are just "Football Players" (FP's) to be used as required. As long as you maintain the legal structure of the LOS [7] and Backfield [4].....nobody says you can't split Ratledge wide and throw B-Rob in the Tackle spot.

Lol....call em what you want..."tackle"..."wide receiver"...whatever. Doesn't matter. The real question is...What is their function on the field?.