Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Fans deserve chance to see the Dawgs and Gators play in Athens

SystemSystem Posts: 10,712 admin
edited June 30 in Article commenting
imageFans deserve chance to see the Dawgs and Gators play in Athens

The latest Junkyard Mail includes a fan unhappy about plans for the Florida series.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 280 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thanks, Bill, for providing a little juice as we endure the dormancy of summer sports life waiting for our fall renewal. As an old Dawg geezer, I thank you.

• Options
    Tyrone_DawgTyrone_Dawg Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

i’m not even interested in watching that game on TV. Regardless of which stadium it’s in. It hasn’t been a consistently competitive game in a long time!

• Options
    Tyrone_DawgTyrone_Dawg Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Saying That Georgia Florida is a big game is like pretending that Georgia Vanderbilt is a big game. Who cares where they play Georgia Florida!

• Options
    ChawlieDawg88ChawlieDawg88 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Talking about making up the money they need for player compensation, they act like they aren't going to raise prices anyway. All prices will go up whether they play in Athens or not!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 30

Thanks Bill for another fun article. I agree with your thoughts regarding UNC and Virginia both adding some positive benefits as potential SEC schools. I think many of us see new members through glasses that have filters called “football”. It’s not a criticism because I also wear those glasses, but that football bias prevents us from seeing the big picture. An example is that BOTH Virginia and UNC blew us away in the Capital One Cup which rates the overall success of athletic programs. While our football program is second to none it should be noted that BOTH the men’s and women’s UVA and UNC programs outperformed UGA and most other SEC programs. Also, both schools bring academic qualities similar to Vandy and are far better than Clemson and FSU. So my take is they would be mid level additions in football, but top level in most other sports as well as academics. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great takes BK!

Anyone really give a rats ars about how EA rates teams on a video game? Conner made a livin' last week on what EA thinks. 4x!!!

• Options
    jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bill, what the letter writer who wrote about the playoff and the SEC Championship game was really saying was that it is better to have not made the SECCG and make the playoffs than it would be to be in the SECCG and lose, having one more game to get to the CFP Final than the SEC Champion who gets a bye. And the team who makes the playoff without being in the SECCG would only have the same number of games as the SEC Champion winner, despite not getting a bye ( which they actually get by avoiding the SECCG ). How would these conferences feel about a championship game if there were no byes? , The SEC and BIG10 already have moved to ensure that they each will have at least 3 teams in the playoffs ( half of the teams in the playoff ). Why we didn't move to a sixteen team playoff ( like the FCS teams ) is beyond me. Eliminate conference championship games ( where two top teams risk injury and the loser faces losing ranking position and having to play an extra game ). Go straight to the top 16 ranked teams, adding 4 games to everyone's 12 game season. No chance of anyone having to play 17 games in one season.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 177 ✭✭✭ Junior

What isn't being said is if the athletic association allows a home and away series with Florida it would never return to Jacksonville. The atmosphere in both stadiums would be worse that bonkers and the fan bases would demand it stay home and away.

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

Re: Home&Home v another "Neutral Site"

I think it comes down to a "…anywhere but here…" mentality, plus the well heeled drunks' penchant for the relaxed FL alcohol rules.