Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Why Texas stands as Georgia football’s biggest challenge of future

SystemSystem Posts: 10,710 admin
edited July 3 in Article commenting
imageWhy Texas stands as Georgia football’s biggest challenge of future

Texas Longhorns led by Steve Sarkisian have quarterbacks Quinn Ewers and Arch Manning, resources, stand as new SEC and Georgia football challenger

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

nice write up @MikeGriffith yes Texas seems to be strong, BUT the top of the SEC isn’t afraid.
    n.b would have been nice. To see where UGA’s spend compared to the top $$$

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do think Texas is a bigger threat in 2024 than Alabama. Texas has the talent; Bama is in transition and that SEC schedule is like a gift from the Gods for Texas…

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 861 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

By the time Georgia plays the Longholes, it will have already played 4 SEC teams (to their 1)… we'll be ready for them. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Texas lost 11 to the draft. A record for them. 2-DT, 3WR,1TE, 2LB's, 2RB and they are just going toreload and be better than BAMA? Oh, OK!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bama is the biggest threat. Texas is on a mini-run. Long Term it is always Bama until proven otherwise. Let's pump the brakes on Bama is dead. We've only beat these guys 1 time in 15 years.

Texas - meh….overrated imo. They got a gift schedule this year and next.

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you have two defensive tackles, one in their sixth year and one in their seventh year, you don’t have a defensive tackle.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

happen to see a post on another site—UGA $220 M

• Options
    BoydCrowderBoydCrowder Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ Junior

"…helping Texas to beat Alabama 34-24 in Tuscaloosa in a game that ultimately knocked Georgia out of the CFP…" Not really. Losing to Bama is what knocked Georgia out. Had every other game last year besides Texas-Bama had the same result, then there would have been exactly four undefeated power 5 champions: Michigan, Washington, Alabama and FSU. It would have been the easiest selection in the committee's history.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I expect to see some drop-off from the Bama defense. The starters won't forget what Saban thought them in one season but the only coach who compares to Saban when it comes to defense is in Athens GA. Also, with Saban gone it will only help Georgia sign a few more of the top defensive HS prospects… This is the golden age of UGA football, cherish it while it last…

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll believe it , when I see it..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 994 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't explain the down vote?…….I'd say both are mediocre at best and no match for our O-Line….when assessing The Longhorns, It'll come down to pressuring Ewers and covering Bonds and other recievers……I like the pressure part….in 23 Ewers was 69% averaging 8.8 yds per pass with 6 int's pressure will result in no long strikes and possible int's as he has a tendency to squeeze in quick passes…… our LB's/safeties will cover close and hopefully the pressure will cause some errant decisions!