Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: 4-star homegrown CB target Jontae Gilibert has committed to Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 11,039 admin
edited August 10 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: 4-star homegrown CB target Jontae Gilibert has committed to Georgia football

4-star 2025 CB prospect Jontae Gilbert has made his college decision. He will join the 2025 class for Georgia football.

Read the full story here

Comments

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the DAWG Family young man..GoDAWGS!

• CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"He’s not a talkative guy, but his team has called him “The Silent Assassin” for his work on the field. He’s a very passionate player."

Reminds me of the best safety of the 70s and maybe the best ever, Jack Tatum, "They Call Me Assassin." He hit like a linebacker and everyone who touched the ball feared the hit they knew he would deliver. He died in 2010 and should be in the NFL HOF.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Probably should be in the HOF. They didn't keep tackle stats in that era like they do now. But 37 INT's is significant in 10 seasons.

What probably kept Tatum out was his paralyzing hit on Darryl Stingley. An incident that the NFL wants to sweep under the rug.

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 786 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gilbert gives us 16 of the top-300 2025 recruits in the nation (via On3 composite rankings) We're favored to to add four top-300 more recruits (Griffin #5, Terry #7, Brooks #207, Ajiduban #253).

If we're lucky enough to pick up those four guys, we'll have 20 top-300 guys and five 5-star recruits — just like last year.

To put that in context:

• Last year's No. 1 recruiting class had 20 top-300 players and five 5 stars.
    • Ohio State's top-ranked recruiting class has 17 top-300 players and three 5 stars — and isn't likely to get any more 5 stars.

But get this: We're also in the running for at least two potential decommits (Wiley #96, Linton #257). If we added either of those two guys or someone else, at least by the top-300 metric, we'd be doing better than last year's No. 1 class!

• lucydoglucydog Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thomas Davis and Greg Blue—assassins from the safety spot and fun as hell to watch. I hope you replicate their head-hunting ways—welcome to Athens Mr. Gilbert!!

• Tom_BomadilTom_Bomadil Posts: 81 ✭✭✭ Junior

All the grandstanding and hype. So much ego on display. I guess the days are gone of simply committing to a school in a simple manner. SMH

• CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I've seen the hit hundreds of times over the years. It was a clean hit; even the NFL ruled it was a good hit. Stingley eventually forgave Tatum but would never meet with him in the years following the hit.