Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football winners and losers as Bulldogs survive road trip to Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 11,091 admin
edited September 16 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers as Bulldogs survive road trip to Kentucky

Georgia football came away with 13-12 win over Kentucky.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Before Todd Monken, Kirby was Mark Richt. After Todd Monken, Kirby is Mark Richt. Kirby will have the best defense, but Bobo is predictable and bland. Get ready for UGA football where we lose 1 or 2 games a year. We will lose to Bama in two weeks.

• jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

rather than dwell on the many negatives I want to praise Kirby for his interaction with the guys who transferred from UGA to Ky.

• 80Grad195580Grad1955 Posts: 16 ✭✭ Sophomore

After watching Coach Hayes on YouTube dissect the O line, it is obvious Greene and Truss had a bad game. Execution was poor and inconsistent. What we thought would be

a strength is not.

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Still amazed at the play of Walker. He was a one-man wrecking ball at the end and absolutely made BVG throw early and move. Loved how they used him as spy and then he would tear after BVG like a scalded dog. Dawkins has definitely stepped his game up and is forcing teams to scheme around him. Etienne showed great skill and grit in that game. What a great addition he has been and can’t wait to see how much better he can be as he grows more comfortable with the offense.
    Beck is my biggest concern. He looked very bad and, I hate to say it, but just looked scared and seemingly looked like he wanted someone else to take control. Hopefully they get that corrected because Bama made him look the same last year and they are next. Go DAWGS.

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good points. I think Greene just had an off game given how solid he has been but Truss always seems to be one-step too slow. Just not sure he is the answer there. They definitely need to tighten that up because Etienne really made most of his yards with little O-line help.

• MaxMax Posts: 116 ✭✭✭ Junior

Agree on both winners. Walker wreaked havoc. Etienne was a beast, getting tough yards when there was nothing there.

• shamymaxshamymax Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • shamymaxshamymax Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah Henddawg, I am not secure in my hopes for the future with the way Beck looked. Pressure and he are certainly not compatible bedfellows. However, Etienne thrives on making aberrant moves with little O-line help. He played with a bum shoulder as well. Kudos. I am just going to say it…UGA is hurting without Ratledge! He is one of my favorite Dawgs. I won't say Bama will beat UGA, but it will be truculent in the trenches once again! Bobo needs to be more creative scheming.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh…kay. That's your complete Winner/Loser list? I can understand that there weren't many winners, but there were A LOT of losers today and there might be long term consequences for it.

Beck - It's possible that he may have lost the Heisman from this game. I admit that I haven't followed the odds week by week, but I DO know that he was #1/tied #1 pre-season and now he's 6TH at 14:1 odds. Not even in the Top 4. Its too early to say it'll affect his draft position, but it might.

Coaching - You could probably list each coach individually and talk about failures. Look, we all knew that Kentucky was "coming for blood" after being humiliated the week before but even though Smart may have "set the narrative" correctly, the team looked like absolute crap across the board. We missed so many tackles. We dropped the ball endlessly. Our play calling was clearly anticipated by Kentucky and we did nothing to adapt. We have no shortage of talent. What does it tell you when you go 1 for 9 on 3rd downs? It tells you that you need to rethink things. It's great that Etienne got 79 yards, but 19 rushing attempts? The others only had 5 combined? Come on. Frazier looked amazing in previous games, he deserved more than 3 attempts. On the receiving end, Lovett did great with 89 yards and 6 receptions, but none of the others had more than 2 and the average receiving yards per play was 10.7, so why the heck didn't you throw more? If running wasn't working, throw easy slants and such.

Oh and 9 penalties for 85 yards is unacceptable. You can't win giving up that.

Kentucky was ready to play us, but we weren't ready to play ANYBODY. We didn't deserve the win, we really didn't.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Someone help me. I get that Vandagriff transferred because he wanted to play immediately, though I think he'll probably have to return to Kentucky next year which will beg the question: is one year starting at UGA (which he could have done next year) better than two years starting for Kentucky? I don't know the answer to that. But I'm more confused about Dumas-Johnson. Is he REALLY better off at Kentucky than he would have been at UGA? He couldn't start for the Dawgs this year? As it is, as a starter for Kentucky, I rarely heard his name called Saturday night, if at all. Am I'm not reading anywhere about him being a defensive force. I guess I'm just saying, I wonder what made him leave — since all the talk now is about how much Kirby loves both him and BVG and how they hated to leave UGA?