Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Stetson Bennett

deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

How do we start a campaign to bring Stetson Bennett back

Comments

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's not being recruited by any premier schools, fwiw. If he hasnt already seen the story, his first thought when he does will surely be, "Dang it, man"

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

Hopefully he can get a scholarship somewhete. If not, he wasted a year for nothing

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stetson would probably be welcomed back to the role he played before at Georgia. By all accounts he is an outstanding person and player.

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bennett has offers from several schools right now. CKS knows Bennett well, obviously, and he could offer him if he thought that was the best option.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My understanding is that Bennett is going to Louisiana Lafeyette.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PTDawg said:

JRP might be the next man up.

@donm said:

@PTDawg said:

JRP might be the next man up.

Could be. If you have to find a silver lining maybe it makes us that might more attractive to a top flight QB in 2020.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have not been paying attention to 2020 QB's. At one time I thought Georgia was in on Max Johnson. What is the blogs opinion on a flip from LSU? For some reason Georgia was never high on Harrison Bailey.

Congrats guys we did it!!!! Good work dawgnation forum

• DawgsonTopDawgsonTop Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@deutcshland_dawg said:

Ha...Kirby must have read your post.

• TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have always been a Stetson fan. Guy is a good fit for the role. And he could run this team in a pinch if need be.....glad he has come home.

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

This is great news!! Bennett is Fromm's age, so he is two years ahead of both Mathis and Plumlee, so they certainly have a chance to win the starting role later. He is athletic, he knows UGA, the coaches, the players, and the system, and he could step in and play QB for us tomorrow. Perfect fit. I also believe he could possibly win the starting role for '20 if Jake leaves. Brilliant move imo.

edited December 2018

@12ed said:

@DawgsonTop said:

@deutcshland_dawg said:

Ha...Kirby must have read your post.

Nah.

deutcshland_dawg is an insider. He's PM'd me scoops about upcoming commits

https://us.v-cdn.net/6029559/uploads/editor/0f/op2ij4j3tqd3.png

• VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

If the players are happy with it then so am I.

@oldon42 said:
    I have not been paying attention to 2020 QB's. At one time I thought Georgia was in on Max Johnson. What is the blogs opinion on a flip from LSU? For some reason Georgia was never high on Harrison Bailey.

Who does LSU have that we want? My guess is they'd rather do a trade with almost any QB on our roster.

@PerroGrande said:
    This is great news!! Bennett is Fromm's age, so he is two years ahead of both Mathis and Plumlee, so they certainly have a chance to win the starting role later. He is athletic, he knows UGA, the coaches, the players, and the system, and he could step in and play QB for us tomorrow. Perfect fit. I also believe he could possibly win the starting role for '20 if Jake leaves. Brilliant move imo.

Hopefully we will have someone who can win the starting job besides Bennet.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No hes saying that Mathis and Plumlee will have a chance to win the job later.