Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Heat is up on UGA’s baseball coach — and its AD (Story by Chip Towers)

SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

@Chip_Towers wrote:

ATHENS – I don’t know, maybe Greg McGarity doesn’t fire baseball coach Scott Stricklin. Maybe the Georgia athletic director brings him back for one of the two years left on his contract. Even though doing that is pretty much a death knell in recruiting, I’m not sure how in the world McGarity could justify an extension. Not at this point.

But can he do nothing?

Really, not firing the Bulldogs’ baseball coach of the last four years is the harder argument. I mean, it was a year ago almost exactly that I wrote that Georgia needed a big turnaround on the field this season if Stricklin was going to stick around. So what has happened since?

Well, Georgia (25-32) lost two more games than last year (27-30). As for SEC play, the Bulldogs finished in the exact same spot that they were in 2016 (11-19). That is, they finished 12th in the 14-team conference, battling until the last weekend for that final spot in the SEC tournament. And just like last year, they were one-and-done in the tourney. Mississippi State ousted Georgia this time with a 3-0 win Wednesday in Hoover.

Read the full story on DawgNation here -
https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/heat-is-up-on-ugas-baseball-coach-and-athletic-director

Tagged:

Comments

• SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

Wow at these excerpts from Chip's story...

Georgia has failed to log a winning overall record in four straight seasons (first time that has happened since 1971-74) and stands at 32.5 games below .500 in SEC play (43-75-1). It goes without saying that they haven’t gotten a sniff as far as an NCAA regional bid.

These are mind-blowingly bad numbers for a program that has won a College World Series and played in six of them.

Meanwhile, the rest of the SEC is competing – hard. Tennessee, which finished a game behind Georgia in the SEC standings this year, fired its coach at the end of the regular season. Alabama, the league’s last-place team, fired its coach Wednesday after only one year. Even South Carolina coach Chad Holbrook found himself having to defend his ability to get the job done just a year removed from winning three NCAA regional champions in five years.

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey BA...I know that writers and podcasters have to be a little bit more sensitive to this than a fan like me, so here it goes.

FIRE GREG MCGARITY IMMEDIATELY! HIS TRACK RECORD IS ATROCIOUS, AND THE LIGHT AT THE END OF HIS TUNNEL IS AN ONCOMING TRAIN!

We now resume our regularly scheduled posts...