Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Alright Kirbs...

scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You’re going into your 4th year as a head coach and have done quite well. But it’s past time to start owning stuff. No talking about looks or the other team doing things you didn’t expect or blaming execution or players missing tackles. Those are all issues but they are YOUR issues. You coach these guys and decide who plays. Even if you really believe that you had the perfect plan but the players effed it up it’s time for you to own the losses.

You’re going to say “Guuuuys...we’re young...we’ve got to get better”, but so do you and it starts with getting rid of the coachspeak at times and the complimenting the other team and taking ALL the responsibility when your team gets pantsed in every facet of the game.

I don’t know about y’all but the last thing I want after a boneheaded loss is for the head man to piss on me and tell me it’s raining. I want to know this one is going to stick in his craw. Go Dawgs!

Comments

• UGAJ0EUGAJ0E Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

100% agree with you. No matter what he says though this game was just flat out embarrassing.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh, and don’t talk about fans showing or not showing up for crap anytime soon unless you’re going to refund the fans who paid to go to that game out of your and your staff’s game checks because they weren’t earned tonight.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Didn't watch his presser but having read the DN coverage and seen some quotes(and being well versed in coachspeak) I can pretty much script how it went.
    Reporter: Coach...did all the distractions end up leading to your team looking ill prepared and clueless for most of the game?

Kirby in his slightly offended Bill Clintonish voice: You're gonna try an tell me these kids didn't prepare? They didn't want to win??? I saw guys who wanted to be here all 2 weeks of practice...worked there asses off!! We saw things on tape we knew we could exploit but then they went and changed on us.

Reporter: Don't y'all need to make adjustments if your gameplan isn't working?

Kirby: We had a GREAT gameplan..our guys worked hard! We just didn't execute...Their guys wanted it more. But we're gonna keep the main thing the main thing, keep choppin, and we're still real young. We're not goin anywhere!

All kidding aside I love Kirby but I don't want to hear any excuses today. Don't like talking to the press? Fine, then just say you and every coach is to blame and you're going to fix it..plain and simple.