Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Quick question for podcast listeners

2»

Comments

• Options
    jojadawgjojadawg Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

It's fine every now and then. Not a Falcons fan really but I don't mind. I'm kinda excited for y'all

• Options
    dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I look forward to the podcast in Miami on 45 min ride home. 51 on Thursday 47 years traveling to Athen for 2 or 3 games every year which held 4 to 8 seats in family for over 60 plus years , not a UGA student like you. Also a Adams. Brandon as long as the center of the universe revolves and relates to Georgia Football team , it's fine. Thank you for views , often your takes or word use capture what I am thinking or wish I considered in a more clear fashion then I could have resolved. Think your not just entertaining , but your points will be heard and make us a better program. Not a missed an episode since my first 6 months ago , a few of them even when some of the news was tough to relieve.

• Options
    RetiredRedcoatRetiredRedcoat Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2017

@DawgNationDaily ,

I listen to basically every podcast you guys post. I don't think it does any harm at all to mention the Falcons, especially right now. Honestly I would be a little confused if you didn't. The Falcons' Super Bowl berth is the biggest sports story in Georgia right now and it deserves at least a mention. It doesn't bother me at all to have you talk about them a bit.

• Options
    JJandJJJandJ Posts: 28 ✭ Freshman

I really enjoy your show and listen every day. I personally wish it were 100% Dogs football but I get that I'm in the minority there and can easily fast forward through those shows on the Falcons and Dogs basketball. The only change I'd request is to stop replaying cuts from the previous shows-especially ones from the day before. If you want to reference them, that's fine, we can download any episode and listen. Time is short and I really prefer to hear new content. Thanks again for podcasts and keep up the good work.

• Options
    Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey Brandon, I listen every morning to the previous day's podcast while I work out in the AM. I've no issue talking about the Falcons, especially when you have a DGD like DJ providing some commentary. That said, I have two requests:

1) Keep getting past UGA players to provide their insight on the program. I've loved hearing DJ, Buck, Ben and others weigh in; their perspectives are unique and entertaining.
    2) Continue your discussions with Jeff Sentell, Ben Wolk, Zach A, Sam S. and the other SEC Nation recruiting gurus. It's great to hear their perspectives on the respective programs they cover, and how UGA is being viewed.

Also, THANK YOU for ending the panning experiment where you were on one side and the person you were speaking with was panned on the other! It was extremely difficult to listen to those episodes through headphones, and created an uncomfortable experience.

Finally, I love the show and your unabashed fandom for UGA; the story of you going through Butts-Mehre with your Grandpa and putting your feet on Coach Dooley's desk was outstanding! Keep up the good work!

Jack Reacher/AKA Palm_City_Dawg

• Options
    cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BA, love the podcast listen to it during my drive to work and throughout the day. I'm not a big fan of touching on the falcons and basketball. However, I do understand that sometimes there isn't enough news regarding UGA football to fill the podcast. Not my favorite, but I'm not totally put off by it.

• Options
    HotDawgHotDawg Posts: 20 ✭ Freshman

The Falcons stuff is similar to Georgia stuff.
    This is Bird Dawg Country.
    We have similar disheartening losses.
    Our history is brutal.

• Options
    MountainDogMountainDog Posts: 151 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 2017

Your podcast audience Falcons-fan crossover pct. has to be very, very high. Atlanta is the epicenter of Dawg Nation, so to me it's a no-brainier. I fully expect to hear quite a bit about the Braves on the podcast come World Series time . . .

. . . whatever year that may be.

• Options
    DawgNationDailyDawgNationDaily Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks again to everyone who has participated in this thread. I really appreciate you listening to the show and taking the time to share your feedback.