Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Anybody offended by

Comments

• Options
    Ga_Lake_ManGa_Lake_Man Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Really, my second post here has to trump the weird post on a sports blog.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP-q3KxCopM

• Options
    benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

I just think its funny how its the same people who call everyone snowflakes who flip out over a razor ad, a starbucks cup, or a kneeling quarterback

• Options

Meh... its usually the same angry ones in the barber shop "I aint scared to say it, I'll just say what I mean". Ignorance is no concern...... Never mind that hopefully their Momma, who most of these guys would immediately throw down for.... would agree that the commercial is about treating everyone with respect

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgEatin said:
    The post was just Bait to lure out all the ultra right wing Neanderthals who find it offensive to be a gentleman, good husband , good father, protector of the weak and overall decent human. Looks like I know who’s who now. Sick world we live in when something like this is triggering and offensive. Don’t shave be the cavemen that you are. Anyway Go Dawgs!

This must be another one of those posts the intellectually superior liberals were talking about the other day where the conservatives drip their politcal insults while the liberals just sit quietly?

• Options

yeah, as said before...."I aint scared to say it, I'll just say what I mean"..... amazing you were triggered by the response.

• Options
    tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Im a conservative and it didnt bother me. The only problem I had with it was that Young Turks chick on it. Cant stand her. Whats wrong with saying bullying is bad and women arent sexual pawns? If youre mad about it, maybe youre someone its aimed at....

• Options
    Stingray2112Stingray2112 Posts: 132 ✭✭✭ Junior

@benjaminwgregg said:
    I just think its funny how its the same people who call everyone snowflakes who flip out over a razor ad, a starbucks cup, or a kneeling quarterback

Same here. They are also the same ones who say that being offended is a choice. Then they get super offended at all the things you mentioned.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@Casanova_Flatulence said:

I'm tired of being lectured to by the Left! The images of men's behavior was absolutely pathetic and insulting. I wouldn't accept Gillette razors if they offered me a lifetime supply for free.

Your fake outrage vs other people's fake outrage, Let's call it a push and move on.
    Join me at ''moveon.don'treallymuchgiveashiit.org in voicing our near complete lack of interest in this made up controversy.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow, there are some threads that I find here in our forum leave me just a bit more baffled than enlightened.

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Trump had both parents and he is a beta male. He is part of the reason to need a commercial such as this.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m more offended my that chick fil a commercial with the old dude. Old bro was celebrating his 90th birthday and because he was a loyal customer, chick fil a decided to give him free food for life.

Bro is 90 and looked like he weighed 40lbs with one foot in the grave... yup, give him free food for life.

• Options
    TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@benjaminwgregg said:

I think everyone needs to pull up their big boy panties and quit being offended by the dumbest crap ever. I was literally berated for holding a door open for a woman the week before Christmas. She found it offensive that I would think she needed help. I gave it a chuckle and told her I did not do it because I thought she needed help or that she was inferior. I actually did it for me so I could check out her a$$ when she walked by.

Kneeling QB is bringing his personal beliefs and frustrations to work. Arthur Blank would not be so lenient if a worker caused a stir at Home Depot. I could care less what a below average QB thinks but it is weak for the NFL to tip toe around the issue.

This could lead to other protests by other players. At what point does it stop?

• Options

@JRT812 said:
    I’m more offended my that chick fil a commercial with the old dude. Old bro was celebrating his 90th birthday and because he was a loyal customer, chick fil a decided to give him free food for life.

Bro is 90 and looked like he weighed 40lbs with one foot in the grave... yup, give him free food for life.

Hopefully the guy will live to be 120 and eat like he has a tape worm, the would teach the cheap bastuds.
    I'm reminded of the woman in Paris who sold her apartment in an agreement that she would live there rent free till her death, at that time custody would go to the buyer. Well she lived to be 110 or so, she not only outlived the buyer, but she outlived his only child as well.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@PharmDawg2054 said:
    Sure they may have had an appropriate message, not that I think it’s their job to give that message

But then they contradict it with stuff like this

I wanna get one of these outfits for my girlfriend...wonder if she’d go for it

• Options
    hamsandmichhamsandmich Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So is the outrage about the message or the messenger?

• Options
    edited January 2019

@Acrum21 said:
    Hi, my name is acrum21. Toxic masculinity is just a rephrase of d**che bag. I think we can all agree not to be Dbags but no reason to hijack the word masculine. Thanks for coming to my TedTalk.

You make a good point, it does seem like there are some people who want to neuter the entire idea of being masculine.
    What would be the fun in having strong women who chip in 50% on everything if they snip our gunny sacks ?
    The next 10 years will be critical. Will we be eunuchs living on a dying planet or a society of equals dealing intelligently in solving the problems facing the 21st century ?

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@benjaminwgregg said:

Funny how? Funny Haha or funny Hum? Is it funny that people have opinions about things that you may seem irrelevant?

What's funny is that 20 years ago no one would have given 2 sh..its about it. But unfortunately we are now living in a world where you almost have to choose sides on everything.

To me what's funny is that everyone can not see that.