Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What A Set Of Choices For Today's National Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

anuary 18, 2019 – NATIONAL WINNIE THE POOH DAY – NATIONAL THESAURUS DAY – NATIONAL MICHIGAN DAY – NATIONAL PEKING DUCK DAY

Didn't really know where to start. Almost overwhelming.

1. National Winnie The Pooh Day,. Never really got into that as a kid, so I don't know much about it. But it's a choice today.
  2. National Thesaurus Day. I know we could use a thesaurus at times on this forum. Sort of like that list that was posted a couple of months ago with lists of alternative curse words. I'd like to find a suitable sub for the phrases Justin Fields and Jadon Hasselwood - kind of weary about seeing them over and over and over again.
  3. National Michigan Day. Lots to dislike about MI, I know. But I did enjoy some time in the UP one summer. I'll bet with 6 or fewer degrees of separation most of us could find something or someone to like about /in MI.
  4. National Peking Duck Day. Never had it. I ate duck once but it was pretty fatty/greasy. Any duck aficionados on this board?

If none of these floats your boat, have a great day anyway.

Comments

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've never had duck of any type. Surprising because I had friends in college who hunted them but I've also always heard it was very fatty and not a ton of meat. I've also heard that it's mostly "dark" meat which I'm not a huge fan of.

The lake parts of Michigan seem nice, but then you have to remember that it's only warm enough to enjoy them for maybe a couple of months a year. I’d have to think that the water would be colder than a witch’s ****, possibly even with a higher Scrotum Shrinkage Factor than the cold mountain streams in north Georgia and NC that used to kill me as a kid.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg said:
    I've never had duck of any type. Surprising because I had friends in college who hunted them but I've also always heard it was very fatty and not a ton of meat. I've also heard that it's mostly "dark" meat which I'm not a huge fan of.

The lake parts of Michigan seem nice, but then you have to remember that it's only warm enough to enjoy them for maybe a couple of months a year. I’d have to think that the water would be colder than a witch’s ****, possibly even with a higher Scrotum Shrinkage Factor than the cold mountain streams in north Georgia and NC that used to kill me as a kid.

the water was cold....VERY cold, even in July when I was up there. Quite scenic however.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Special guest hosts to commemorate.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg said:

Peking duck is going to be a farm raised lighter colored meat anomaly. I dont consider it to be duck. It’s like when you get chicken at the chinese place and the meat isnt white. They could both be feline for all anyone knows. Wild duck is not fat at all. Extremely lean but dark. You need to eat it pretty rare or cook iwith either a sous vide or slow cooker to keep it from being tough.