Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Looks like their learning allot at the UGA

Comments

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

A LOT of really GREAT people are (and have been working for years and years!) working their A$$E$ off at Georgia there in Athens, in all of the departments to improve EVERYTHING there is about the greatest example of public institution of higher learning in Georgia. MANY folks (thousands) put in countless hours in this ongoing effort. I am just heartbroken that all of their incredible efforts go (largely) unnoticed, while this kind of news garbage grabs the headlines. IMO that places u g l y blots (stains?) on a GREAT SCHOOL that we all love. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:
    We should've made bets on when/where @WCDawg would come back, and most of us would've definitely won with our bets that he'd come back on a political argument thread. Arguing and politics, his favorite things in life, oh and never being wrong (that's truly his favorite)... I'm sure he'll turn this argument around soon and say everyone is picking on him. Poor guy, I don't know why he can't catch a break.

Are you incapable of self examination ?
    It's you and a couple of other rabble rousers that insist on getting personal beyond the subject at hand. Point to the place on the doll where the bad person hurt you.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RxDawg said:
    @YaleDawg Do you really not think that picture applies to the left either? The coordinated media smear against our POTUS is unprecedented. Studies show it's actually 90% negative across the board. What they chose to cover, or better yet what they chose NOT to cover... I've never seen anything like this. It's a constant bombardment and propaganda smear. They even use the same terms from station to station. The powerful aren't totally in control and they don't like it. They peddle hate and turn around and paint the opposition as the hateful ones. I honestly cant see how any reasonable person falls for it.

Anyone can end up in an echo chamber. Political ideology doesn't prevent that. It takes effort to find people outside of our own bubble and have real discussions with them. Fox news and talk radio constantly report negative stuff about the "left" and routinely trashed Obama. You probably didn't see at as a smear because you agreed with them, but it isn't some new phenomena "left wing" media came up with. All sides need to stop presenting opinions as news and rely on news grounded in fact given proper context. If an opinion is given it should be clearly stated that it's an opinion. Those lines have become blurred and its amplifying our echo chambers and creating a vitriolic environment. It's ok to disagree with others but we should always try to understand the other person's reasoning instead of demonizing them. We have more in common than differences

• Options

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Jesupdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:
    This wave of hate the political left has been riding in order to win elections is coming with consequences. To many people addicted to rage. To many people wanting to blame all their problems on "the others" out there. I liked SoFl Dawg's post because he touched on how people fear the unknown. This has been true since the dawn of time. It's truly sad how many have been manipulated and mislead so a few can gain power.

90% of mainstream political rage in recent years has come from the right, fueled by alt right and fake news sites. This is the community that elected Donald Trump.
    We are just now seeing true far left activist gaining real power, it's a direct counter measure to the far right.
    Common sense and fair mindedness is losing out to radicalization, irrational white fear of Obama was the big catalyst in the train to hell gaining momentum.

FAKE NEWS

The far right literally invented what we call ''fake news'' on alt sites over the past 6 years or so.
    I'm sorry but to deny that fact is either woeful ignorance or faking ignorance.

You are a radical that sits there and accuses everyone else of being radical. I honestly don't see how our country survives the progressive left. Just to much hate and zeal.

You're incapable of seeing more than you care to see.
    The alt right sites thrive on people like you.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

... I'm sure he'll turn this argument around soon and say everyone is picking on him.

It's you and a couple of other rabble rousers that insist on getting personal beyond the subject at hand. Point to the place on the doll where the bad person hurt you.

Prophetic. LMAO.

@Teddy Can I get a score prediction for the Super Bowl?

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:
    We should've made bets on when/where @WCDawg would come back, and most of us would've definitely won with our bets that he'd come back on a political argument thread. Arguing and politics, his favorite things in life, oh and never being wrong (that's truly his favorite)... I'm sure he'll turn this argument around soon and say everyone is picking on him. Poor guy, I don't know why he can't catch a break.

The secret of a good life is to block him.

• Options
    edited January 2019

@YaleDawg said:

@RxDawg said:
    @YaleDawg Do you really not think that picture applies to the left either? The coordinated media smear against our POTUS is unprecedented. Studies show it's actually 90% negative across the board. What they chose to cover, or better yet what they chose NOT to cover... I've never seen anything like this. It's a constant bombardment and propaganda smear. They even use the same terms from station to station. The powerful aren't totally in control and they don't like it. They peddle hate and turn around and paint the opposition as the hateful ones. I honestly cant see how any reasonable person falls for it.

Anyone can end up in an echo chamber. Political ideology doesn't prevent that. It takes effort to find people outside of our own bubble and have real discussions with them. Fox news and talk radio constantly report negative stuff about the "left" and routinely trashed Obama. You probably didn't see at as a smear because you agreed with them, but it isn't some new phenomena "left wing" media came up with. All sides need to stop presenting opinions as news and rely on news grounded in fact given proper context. If an opinion is given it should be clearly stated that it's an opinion. Those lines have become blurred and its amplifying our echo chambers and creating a vitriolic environment. It's ok to disagree with others but we should always try to understand the other person's reasoning instead of demonizing them. We have more in common than differences

This is what I notice that most of you miss.
    YaleDawg feels compelled to tiptoe around the majority of posters who lean right, while those on the right make absolutely no effort to be in the least bit balanced or accommodating, it's bullying mob mentality. When I alone adapt the same language and tactics they use they seem completely unaware I'm just mirroring their ways.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

The bad person touched me just below the belt. Right where I hope your girlfriend/boyfriend touches you, so you can loosen up a little.

• Options

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

The bad person touched me just below the belt. Right where I hope your girlfriend/boyfriend touches you, so you can loosen up a little.

You are truly clueless about yourself. You insult, but you can't take your own methods being pointed back at you. There is a mob mentality at work here.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Jesupdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:
    This wave of hate the political left has been riding in order to win elections is coming with consequences. To many people addicted to rage. To many people wanting to blame all their problems on "the others" out there. I liked SoFl Dawg's post because he touched on how people fear the unknown. This has been true since the dawn of time. It's truly sad how many have been manipulated and mislead so a few can gain power.

90% of mainstream political rage in recent years has come from the right, fueled by alt right and fake news sites. This is the community that elected Donald Trump.
    We are just now seeing true far left activist gaining real power, it's a direct counter measure to the far right.
    Common sense and fair mindedness is losing out to radicalization, irrational white fear of Obama was the big catalyst in the train to hell gaining momentum.

FAKE NEWS

The far right literally invented what we call ''fake news'' on alt sites over the past 6 years or so.

You are a radical that sits there and accuses everyone else of being radical. I honestly don't see how our country survives the progressive left. Just to much hate and zeal.

What’s funny is that you are probably the only person I know who apparently reads alt-right sites. You probably also believe the Kremlin controls The Donald.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@YaleDawg I absolutely loved reading the closing in a previous comment of yours (contained within this very thread) with “We have more in common than differences.” Amen sir! One such example, for instance is GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    edited January 2019

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Jesupdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

FAKE NEWS

What’s funny is that you are probably the only person I know who apparently reads alt-right sites. You probably also believe the Kremlin controls The Donald.

There are real and strange connections with Trump and The Russians, and even stranger language and actions by Trump where Russia is concerned. Unlike the imagined connections between Obama and Islamic radicals. You simply are incapable of reasoning.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

You are truly clueless about yourself. You insult, but you can't take your own methods being pointed back at you. There is a mob mentality at work here.

I never denied getting personal with you, Einstein. When you started getting personal with me, many many moons ago... You’re the only person on this board I personally “attack.” And that probably goes for many other users on here... take that for what it’s worth.

• Options
    edited January 2019

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

I never denied getting personal with you, Einstein. When you started getting personal with me, many many moons ago... You’re the only person on this board I personally “attack.” And that probably goes for many other users on here... take that for what it’s worth.

I'm the only non-mob member who doesn't tiptoe around you guys on this board. That makes me a target. When I push back you seem incapable of seeing your role in the escalation because the mob members have come to feel you can insult without having those tactics turned back on you.
    You guys loved The Cal. guy who posted a long valentine, but you never make similar efforts. That is because you feel this is your board and those with contrary views need to play by rules the mob imposes. I simply ignore your expectations and it bothers the piss out of you.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Jesupdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

FAKE NEWS

There is real and strange connections with Trump and The Russians, unlike the imagined connections between Obama and Islamic radicals. You simply are incapable of reasoning.

See. You have been brainwashed to believe what you hope to be true by the mainstream media controlled by the left. Trying to do business in a country where making government connections is essential does not make someone a pawn of the other govt.

Obama was adopted by a muslim man and educated in an islamic school. Nothing to see there at all. His behavior toward Isreal? His approach to Islamo-fascism and terrorist interests? His false claim to be a Christian under the church of Jeremiah Wright? Pointless to question his motives. A man who will lie about his religion will lie about ANYTHING.

• Options
    edited January 2019

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Jesupdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

FAKE NEWS

There is real and strange connections with Trump and The Russians, unlike the imagined connections between Obama and Islamic radicals. You simply are incapable of reasoning.

See. You have been brainwashed to believe what you hope to be true by the mainstream media controlled by the left. Trying to do business in a country where making government connections is essential does not make someone a pawn of the other govt.

Obama was adopted by a muslim man and educated in an islamic school. Nothing to see there at all. His behavior toward Isreal? His approach to Islamo-fascism and terrorist interests? His false claim to be a Christian under the church of Jeremiah Wright? Pointless to question his motives. A man who will lie about his religion will lie about ANYTHING.

You can't see the obvious because you see everything through a far right prism.
    Every single person associated with Trump denied having contacts with Russian operatives during the campaign, almost every one of them have been proven to have been lying, and that is just a fraction of the picture.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

I'm the only non-mob member who doesn't tiptoe around you guys on this board. That makes me a target. When I push back you seem incapable of seeing your role in the escalation because the mob members have come to feel you can insult without having those tactics turned back on you.
    You guys loved The Cal. guy who posted a long valentine, but you never make similar efforts. That is because you feel this is your board and those with contrary views need to play by rules the mob imposes. I simply ignore your expectations and it bothers the piss out of you.

Oh man. I see the problem. Totally agree with you. It’s now apparent - you’re just misunderstood.

• Options
    edited January 2019

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Jesupdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

FAKE NEWS

Obama went to school in The Philippines as a small boy for 3 and a half years, 2 years at a Catholic school and 1.5 years at a public school. His birth father was out of his life by age 3 and his step father had little to do with him. He was raised by his Kansas born mother and Kansas grandparents.
    It is wrong and ridiculous to try to make something out the that.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

You guys loved The Cal. guy who posted a long valentine, but you never make similar efforts. That is because you feel this is your board and those with contrary views need to play by rules to mobsters impose.

You keep moving your main point around (which is typical in discussions with you). First, I can't "self-examine" that I'm getting personal with you. I then say I know I'm getting personal. Then you say I can't take getting attacked back, when I welcome you to attack back, I really don't care. Now we are onto the mythic "mob" on this board. Speaking of self-examination, could this all be because you're an angry person, and people (aka mob) typically don't like angry, know-it-alls that much? Please take a moment to "self-examine" these points.

• Options

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

You guys loved The Cal. guy who posted a long valentine, but you never make similar efforts. That is because you feel this is your board and those with contrary views need to play by rules to mobsters impose.

You keep moving your main point around (which is typical in discussions with you). First, I can't "self-examine" that I'm getting personal with you. I then say I know I'm getting personal. Then you say I can't take getting attacked back, when I welcome you to attack back, I really don't care. Now we are onto the mythic "mob" on this board. Speaking of self-examination, could this all be because you're an angry person, and people (aka mob) typically don't like angry, know-it-alls that much? Please take a moment to "self-examine" these points.

My only main point is you and a few other posters are anal assholes.