Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National Shower With A Friend Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now here's a day we can get behind...there's some suggestion that this day is meant to keep people aware of the problems associated with chlorine in our water although I suspect there may be other interests at work here too. At any rate, grab your favorite shower partner and save some water.

It's also World Nutella Day. A bit of historical background:

When hazelnuts and chocolate collide, interesting things begin to happen. For example, World Nutella Day is celebrated by millions around the globe on February 5.

It is often said that necessity is the mother of invention and adding hazelnuts when cocoa is hard to come by may have been an Italian trick during hard times. In the 1800s, in the northern Italian city of Piedmont, they made a paste of chocolate and hazelnuts at a time when the nuts were abundant, but the cocoa was not.

At the end of World War II, cocoa was once again difficult to come by. Pastry Maker, Pietro Ferrero, made loaves of this sweet paste and called it Giandujot. Soon after, the Ferrero Company was founded on May 14, 1946.

It wasn’t until 1951 that Ferrero made the paste into a spreadable form. We wouldn’t even recognize the spread by name until 1964 when Ferrero’s son Michele gave the jar of creamy hazelnut and cocoa the name Nutella.

Comments

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

Suggested this to my wife. She said she was going to call her "friend." Not sure what I should think about that that..........

• Options
    BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    Suggested this to my wife. She said she was going to call her "friend." Not sure what I should think about that that..........

Well, think of it like this. If it’s someone that would make Jimmy Dean proud then time to bounce. On the other hand, if her friends say Jennifer Anniston or Carrie Underwood type then by all means sir , and enjoy!

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With a little creativity and the right gal, I'm pretty sure you could celebrate both days in combination.

• Options

@AnotherDawg said:
    With a little creativity and the right gal, I'm pretty sure you could celebrate both days in combination.

I love it how you get away from either/or thinking. Awesome.

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
  • Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:

Lol