Ant Man

DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 263 ✭✭✭ Junior

I leave the Football insider stuff to the guys who are more in the know than me but when it comes to hoops I'm really plugged in from the NBA down to 10th grade.

I have it on great authority that Anthony Edwards will commit to UGA next week.

This comes from my guys in the state who are heavily involved in the AAU scene and high school coaching. Things are fluid but Dawg fans should be excited about this kid. I saw him play earlier this year and he's unreal.

I'm not a Georgia Basketball fan so I have no skin in this game but Chip's comparison to a Dominique Wilkins type of impact isn't far off.

I'll chime in should things change but Monday will be a good day for Dawg fans.

Comments

• fmr33fmr33 Posts: 134 ✭✭✭ Junior

@DGDinNYC said:
    I leave the Football insider stuff to the guys who are more in the know than me but when it comes to hoops I'm really plugged in from the NBA down to 10th grade.

I have it on great authority that Anthony Edwards will commit to UGA next week.

This comes from my guys in the state who are heavily involved in the AAU scene and high school coaching. Things are fluid but Dawg fans should be excited about this kid. I saw him play earlier this year and he's unreal.

I'm not a Georgia Basketball fan so I have no skin in this game but Chip's comparison to a Dominique Wilkins type of impact isn't far off.

I'll chime in should things change but Monday will be a good day for Dawg fans.

is it a dumb question to ask if we expect him to be one and done?

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 263 ✭✭✭ Junior

Apologies. Will link there now!

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank you for this!!

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I liked the original ... Watched ant man and the wasp the other night... not as good

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:
    I liked the original ... Watched ant man and the wasp the other night... not as good

The latino guy is my favorite.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope your right brother, because that coach needs one more guy. I feel bad for CTC

• LincolnParkDawgLincolnParkDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Anthony Edwards signs with us Monday and is half as good as the hype surrounding him, then he will be a program changer!

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 5

Wow, the kid has a .999 rating, is #1 in state and #1 SG in the nation. Bring him home CTC.

Now we just need a point.

another CB for UGA. up to 25%.

My guy is a big time HS and AAU coach in the state. Was one of the first coaches Crean contacted when he started the job. Doesn't coach the player but I believe him when he says UGA.

This is huge Crean has a chance to build off this and show in state kids there's no reason to look elsewhere. Can't go out and miss the tourney next year when you're destination viewing for the entire country.

He's gonna need some more help but he's also gonna need to win some games next year in order to keep this momentum up.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Ant Man" IMO is not a Cool Nickname. Ants r small so u dont want that. Why dont someone start a thread to get this guy a new Nickname otherwise he's Anthony Edwards to me. "Ant Man" 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ant Man is a super hero, and a pretty bad a.ss one at that. I love the nickname.

No, it's official. He's no longer "Ant Man". Please, Please, Please dont let that LAME Nickname stick.

The worse that I can remember though is Glen "Big Baby" Davis!!!! I mean who does this? DON'T ANSWER THAT!!!! Wouldn't want to offend anyones culture, but a 260 lb man allowing himself to b labled "BIG BABY!!!" Yeah thats the worst.

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 79 ✭✭ Sophomore

Anthony Edwards

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There were reports that he had tantrums and poured a lot.

This could have been a self-fulfilling prophecy and him just living up to the nickname, but I think it was the reason behind the name

@bmauldin Okay great, but still, "Big Baby"? No, no, no, no, no!!! Normal people just dont do this.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I saw Anthony play on Wednesday. The other teams starting 5 *might* have had a 6 footer on it.

He plays gisa which is private school ball.

His team is good and he seemed to be resting/snow-birding a tad. He didn’t seem to be “in” to the game that much... they were leading 25-3 and the coach pulled the starters and played them sparingly.

He had about 14-18 points mostly “miss my head on the backboard “ kind of dunks.

Private School ball isn’t the best but Edwards has also dominated AAU ball as well. he is the real deal.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree that he's the real deal so I'm not worried about his small school background, but it is definitely odd. Schools like Pace, Lovett, and Westminster play at a much higher level than Holy Spirit, and they are right around the corner. Marist isn't that much further away if he has a preference for Catholic school. Would be interesting to know the story behind the family's decision.

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 159 ✭✭✭ Junior

It was his AAU coach's choice, he felt he needed a change. This is a pretty good article about him, sadly his mother and grandmother passed away four years ago due to cancer:

https://www.dawgnation.com/mens-basketball/how-tom-crean-put-georgia-bulldogs-in-position-to-land-nations-top-basketball-prospect-anthony-ant-man-edwards