Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Young alumni help

KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey guys, I’m trying to get season tickets for this years football season. I graduated in 2014, and just recently moved back to the area. I was hoping one of you had some knowledge on the appropriate steps I need to take? One of my friends said he thinks today is the deadline for one of the things to do and I’m scrambling trying to figure everything out.

Comments

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

Today is the deadline to contribute to the Hartman Fund, which impacts your points.

Edit: I'm not a season ticket holder but if I had it to do over I would do exactly what you're doing. Try to get on board while you're still young, then hang on to 'em. It only gets harder over the years. Good luck @Kirbstomper!!!

• Options
    brady01brady01 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure on being alumni surely it will help you out but I called one day this week to check on prices for myself (not alumni) and was told that there are no season tickets available unless your donation is over $25k. Yes you read that right. $25,000. I was blown away.

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The cut off score for new season tickets last year was $24,000 life time contribution. With Notre Dame and Texas A&M coming to Athens, I would expect that number to rise.

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I went through the Young Alumni program and I got in my second year after graduation. You only have 5 years after graduating to be eligible so this may be your last year. I would highly suggest calling the ticket office and finding out what you need to do. When we went and visited last week we were told that less than 10% of applicants for young alumni are accepted and that they are probably going to end the program due to regular ticket demand.

If you have questions I’m happy to try to answer them, but not sure I’ll be too much help. But call today just in case the deadline is the same as the Hartman Fund deadline.

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for all the advice and help. I ended up calling them, and found the young alumni thing was cancelled after 2017. So unless you wanna donate 22k, you’re gonna have to scalp tickets

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry to hear that @Kirbstomper. I love having tickets but there’s no way I’d shell out that to buy them.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod
    edited February 2019

It's amazing that it's reached untouchable contributions for most. I graduated in 1984. I had to pay a $500 contribution for 2 season tickets. I did that for about 4 years but my dad and brother already had 4 each, so I dropped my 2. Family still has 8 total 30 years later.