Home Diamond Dawgs Baseball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Diamond Dawgs

Comments

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Old school game - great pitching, solid defense. Loved it, especially the ending!

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA plays winner of #2 Arky or #7 Ole Miss tomorrow at 4:30 it looks like. That game is at 2:00 today.

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

When was the last time we won an SEC tournament game? That's a heck of a **** to get off our backs!

Edit... m o n k e y is censored...

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

2 run walk off homer. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How Bout Them Dawgs

• Options
    DGD28DGD28 Posts: 200 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@DirtDawg 2011 I believe they said, we had lost 9 straight SEC Tournament games.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The announcer thought he caught it

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

Anyone else read where the Diamond Dawgs haven't won the SEC baseball tournament since 1954? 65 years? How can that be?

According to Wikipedia the two best regular season teams played a 3 game set to determine the champ.

Got to keep this thing rolling man. That is way too long for a banner.

• Options
    GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

Georgia generally doesn't do well in Hoover when they go (and at times it hasn't mattered when they're good but last year it ended up not helping)... Honestly since the national seed should be locked up, probably all they wanted to do was get the 0-7 (or 9) off their back in this tournament.

It really wouldn't surprise me if you see Locey have a limited PC (and Hancock if it gets to him). Concentration on winning this tournament won't happen unless tomorrow is a win too.

• Options
    LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is this a single or double elimination tournament ?

• Options
    IwantMekhailIwantMekhail Posts: 301 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

First round is single from there on out it isn’t double

• Options
    loxahatcheedawgloxahatcheedawg Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

Who is pitching tomorrow, Locey?

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

The game today is why I've thought Cam needed to be moved back to the leadoff spot since he got hot in the floriduh series. He's walked a ton, and dropped 6 bombs since then. Maxwell just simply doesn't put the ball in play enough for a leadoff guy. A few weeks ago I said we could really make a run in Omaha, especially if Cam got hot. We could lose the next 2 and actually there's no harm. We're gonna host regional/super's regardless. But we had lost our last 8 in Hoover, so that gorilla's off our back. Mite as well win the whole d@mn thing and have something to put on the outfield fence at Foley to let everybody know UGA baseball is back!

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Big game today at 5:30 EST vs the Hogs. We got Wilcox on the mound. I believe I found that they are starting Isaiah Campbell, pretty sure he is their best guy, posting a 10-1 record with a 97/15 K/BB ratio. Lets hope that walk off can spark our bats this game so we don't put too much pressure on Wilcox. Go Dawgs!

Side Note: We will be the home team today besides the fact that they are a #2 seed and we are the #3 seed. Apparently this is because we had a better sec win % than them, they just won their division so they automatically got the #2.

• Options
    GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

Today's either going to go very well or very poorly. I'm thinking Stricklin punts if Wilcox isn't on his game and that'll mean guys like Gowen/Williams/Ryder throwing. That could get very bad vs a talented offense. But if Wilcox throws well and Georgia grabs a lead you'll see the ace relivers (although Kristofak might just be available for 1, if at all).

• Options

Why is shane marshall playing?

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm going to give another shout out to 960 the Ref AM on the Tune In app. These guys can call a game.