Home Diamond Dawgs Baseball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Diamond Dawgs

Comments

• Options
    DGD28DGD28 Posts: 200 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Big series this weekend for the diamond dawgs. If we win the series that will get us to 20 sec wins and should lock up a national seed for us. Cole Wilcox will get the ball tonight. Ready to see him throw some gas.

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Roll over Tide.

• Options
    PapaSanfordPapaSanford Posts: 61 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No Big Ten umpires at the game, I see.

• Options

Diamond Dawgs play tomorrow at 9:30 am and get the winner of this Florida/Texas A&M going on right now. Its tied 7-7 in the bottom of the ninth. I wouldn't mind some extra innings to make them use more pitching.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well it’s A&M in the am

• Options

Texas A&M walks it off in the 10th and that might keep Florida out of the NCAA tournament. Lets get this win tomorrow.

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

aTm beats UF in 10 to go on to play the Dawgs tomorrow. I think the game is at 9:30 Central (Hoover) time, 10:30 EST.

EDIT - @DGD28 -- I doubt UF gets into the NCAA tournament with a 13-17 SEC record. The Gator Hater would be a bit ticked if they did.

• Options

@DirtDawg Yeah I don't think they've earned it, their strength of schedule is very high though and they have a decent bit of RPI top 50 wins. I hope they don't make it, but i have a bad feeling the committee will find a way to put them in...

• Options

Texas A&M Coach just said they have their hands full with us tomorrow and will probably pitch freshman Chris Weber. I found this on their website about him.

"Pitched in 20 games for the Aggies, including six starts… logging a 4-0 record, with a 2.79 ERA while striking out 63 in 51.2 innings of work… awarded his first career win against PVAMU (2/20), throwing six scoreless frames, scattering five hits while fanning six... threw 2.2 scoreless innings against Missouri (3/31), scattering two hits and one walk, while striking out five... earned a win in relief against Auburn (4/14), throwing 2.1 innings, scattering two hits while striking out one... threw three shutout frames against Houston (4/16) scattering just one hit while fanning five... earned the win against Sam Houston State (4/30), throwing 5.0 inning, giving up one run on five hits and one walk, while fanning four."

• Options
    ChopperChopper Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My daughter and I are gonna go see the Dawgs tomorrow.  Given the heat headed our way 9:30 AM should be a good one to take in.

• Options

Looks like Tim Elliot will get the start. If we can get the W with him on the mound, we will be in great shape for the rest of the tournament with Willcox, Locey, and Hancock all available.

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey Elliot,

GATA!

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA's 2nd round SEC tournament game is on SEC Network and Watch ESPN right now, for those interested. UGA escaped a leadoff double by A&M and held them scoreless. Heading to the bottom of the 1st.

• Options

Nothing doing for the dawgs in the first, they go 1,2,3 with two strikeouts