Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Man Card Check: Electric Lawnmowers? Anyone tried one?

BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited March 2019 in Off Topic

Seems like the technology might finally be getting up to speed so I am seriously considering pulling the trigger on one. Don’t have a lot of grass and can cut the whole yard in like 15 minutes. It’s just that in my head I’m like, “an electric lawnmower???” Can I really be one of “those people”?

I already have an electric pressure washer with which I have been thrilled. It ALWAYS starts I got it because the gas ones are the least reliable starting machines EVER sold to the general public. Dayum, I cannot even say how much I hate a gas pressure washer, but that’s really another topic.

Im really just tired to death of carburetors, old gas, water in the tank, dried fuel lines, spark plugs, air filters, broken pull cords - you name it. My current mower is toast and so is my weedeater, so it’s either go electric or get the Honda but even they require maintenance.

My neighbor just got a Stihl because he already has their battery powered chainsaw - which is a bad mofo, btw. I REALLY want one of those chainsaws for the car when I go hunting' - BIGLY - but Im not sure the Stihl lawnmower is the best choice compared to the new 80v rigs offered by HD and Lowes.

So insomniac ramblings aside - Does anyone have a lithium battery powered lawnmower? Im particularly interested in either the Stihl, or the Kobalt 80v or Snapper 82 volt. The Kobalt and Snapper are made by the same company, Greenworks, which is made by the same company that also makes tools sold by Stanley, Black and Decker, and Dewalt - chinese but not horrible chinese.

Comments