Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

I can totally understand why the USWNT in soccer demands equal pay, they win almost everything

13»

Comments

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't remember the last time I voluntarily watched a women's sporting event of any kind, other than my niece's softball games, and that is an act of love.

• Options
    swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The reason USWNT dominates on the world stage is Title IV. That changed everything. Americans put way more money into female sports than other country's do. By law. And the results prove it works.

Womens tennis was bigger than the mens game for a time.

But you are correct sir. Its basic biology. Men are faster and stronger.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That can be built in without a doubt. The difference in pay, when you exclude market factors was still 10 fold.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ugax. The only reason a flat percentage of proceeds might not be transferable from men's to women's events would be profit margins. Otherwise the same staging expenses apply to both, other than larger crowds costing more to manage. That would likely be more than offset by larger crowds producing more revenue.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

There are too many references to what posters like and don't like in this thread. It's a quantifiable issue .

It's a business/accounting issue, not a social issue. Just like you do other businesses, pay in accordance to profits generated.

• Options
    ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 2019

Leads me to think you're a Kardashian, Dancing with the Stars, and Bachelor fan. Based on revenue. You have a cat that snuggles with you at night?