Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Andrew Thomas / leadership

MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Andrew Thomas is one of several leadership candidates, a guy who is universally respected on the team -- I named a few others -- thoughts? https://dawgs.us/2IbiKu5

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wilson maybe. Holloman? Woerner? We’re definitely still a really young team.

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod
    edited April 2019

The way the past couple of weeks have gone I half expected this thread title to read...

Andrew Thomas / Arrested

Back on topic: Could Hot Rod not be a candidate? It'd be hard for a kicker but he's got enough moxie to do it I think.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,173 mod

I can see some of the younger guys stepping up like Reese and Campbell along with Reed and LeCounte

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hot Rod would have to be on the leadership committee by virtue of his seniority and his resume of production. The younger kids on the team will have to hush up if he (Hot Rod) opens his mouth to speak and I think he's earned that respect which is hard to do for a kicker.

• Options
    LincolnParkDawgLincolnParkDawg Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hot Rod for sure should be a leader. He’s earned it but is that who he is? JR has to be one of the leaders. Thomas and I would like to see Swift step up too. Fromm already is a solid leader.

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nobody seems to be mentioning DeAndre Swift, any reason why? A junior who has produced on the field I believe that people would listen when he speaks. To a lesser degree I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Brian Herrien is another voice in the leadership circle.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He might be too soft spoken to do anything other than lead by example

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glad to see @JoelSidneyKelly back in business, bringing it strong on multiple threads.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

my understanding is it’s the foot size that matters the most... for kickers

• Options
    WayxGaDawgWayxGaDawg Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited April 2019

Mike In a couple of your pieces on DND you have called Andrew Thomas , Anthony Thomas! Just thought I would let you know before someone got their feelings hurt! You know how sensitive Ppl are these days!

• Options
    WayxGaDawgWayxGaDawg Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

Leadership is very similar to respect it is earned not given!