Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Bat flip...

orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The guys on Fox Sports had a good conversation about the bat flip and getting beaned for it. What say you ?

Comments

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

Times have changed. Bat flip is no longer a beaning offense IMHO. It’s part of the current culture and getting bigger.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Depends on the severity of the bat flip. Of course, beaning is pretty much gone from today's game, at least compared to the olden days (hence you see more bat flipping, since they feel protected).

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bat Flip = Disrespectful and Childish

Bean Ball = Maybe Career or Life Ender

No place for either one, but intentional beaning someone is unforgivable under any circumstances.

If a guy disrespects you with a bat flip (or any other such crap) you challenge him to a man to man fight. Only a coward would intentionally bean someone!

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IMO, if you flip the bat you’re challenging the pitcher to bean you. Although, I don’t think pitchers should aim for the head... Not saying it’s right, but an old unwritten rule of baseball. Don’t really have to worry about it much these days anyway.

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Back in my pitching days, if someone had bat flipped me, he would've gotten beaned his next time up........in the on-deck circle! And that was Little League, Pony League, & High School ball. Hey, it was part of the game back then. I remember Terry Pendleton walking off the field during a Braves game in 1993 when he felt like Marvin Freeman should have retaliated against the Reds when their pitcher, Tim Belcher, intentionally hit Deion Sanders in the previous half inning. An eye for an eye.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    CondorFactsCondorFacts Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The latest deal was last night, guy hit a 4th inning homer and flipped the bat toward his dugout. Got hit next at bat I think, benches cleared, lots of jawing no big deal. I think he was jacked and just trying to fire up the team. In another game player stood at the dish and watched the ball, totally different imop. He catches one in the azz.