Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

White Castle Hate Zone

KrystalPicklePlacerKrystalPicklePlacer Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Not sure if anyone has tried them , they don’t hold a candle to my beloved Krystal’s . I mean , they put ketchup on them. That’s a picket line that I can’t cross.

Comments

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

Can we get Harold and Kumar to go to Krystal?

• NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ve had white castles before and I agree Krystal’s is hands down the best!!

• fitzdawgfitzdawg Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

Never been to one. Had the terrible microwave ones but I'm sure that's not a good indicator of how they are. Other than the ketchup, what are the differences Krystal man?

• MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No Krystals in Missouri. Closest one is Memphis. White Castle isn't bad. The fries are better

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have only had one, and can't remember which. was a few years ago, a bit hungover, long road trip

I think I liked it

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The movie is definitely better than the food.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

White Castle is the yankee version. Krystals are to grits as White Castles are to hominy.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

White Castles is delicious (Midwesterner). They dont put anything on the burger besides onion and pickles. Krystals was horrible when I had it. Who puts mustard on a burger. Plus the chicken rings with cheese, cheese fries, and mozzarella sticks are wonderful.

• ddsnyderugaddsnyderuga Posts: 35 ✭✭✭ Junior

I love Krystal and White Castle. I don’t even see how you can like one and say the other is trash. I can see having a slight preference. I like both. I think the burgers are slightly better at White Castle. I also like the tiny corn dogs at Krystals. I live in NC now and miss both

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Dang right!!! And I've never heard of a true Southerner say " Hold the mustard, Mayo on my Burger Please!"

Bring out the Muskets boys and start loadin'.....

• brinkmanmsbrinkmanms Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior
    From Chicago. Not sure when they stopped, but WC used to put a "secret sauce" on their burgers...nothing more than an amber ketchup-mustard mix, but oh, so good. Now, as another poster said, only onion and pickles. Never had Krystal, but they sound equally as good.  One of the UGA podcast hosts is always talking about them. 
  • BengalDawgBengalDawg Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    both White Castle and Krystal cure hangovers perfectly 
  • Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @greshamdisco Also here in Waycross back in the 80's and early 90's there was a restaurant called The Green Frog and the owner decided to pack up shop and head to Jax or somewhere and renamed it Red Lobster.