Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

College football video game

ftn49ftn49 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
edited June 2019 in Off Topic
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwis9aLKse7iAhWtxVkKHU-UA-QQzPwBegQIARAB&url=https://www.vgr.com/doug-fluties-maximum-football-2019-gameplay-screenshots-revealed/&psig=AOvVaw151NQ6dshD7kKsTTuO1kI0&ust=1560787745259963

Anyone see this? Not a full fledged NCAA game but it has a dynasty mode with an accurate amount of customizable teams with playoffs and bowl games and out in only a couple of months. I know madden said they were going to come out with a small version with like 8 authentic teams but UGA isnt one of them. I haven't bought a video game since red dead 2 and it had probably been 2 years before that but I'm going to test this one out.

Comments

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    i’ve heard abt this. i still play NCAA 14 all the time
  • Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    NCAA 14 is better than any of the new Madden games. Dynasty mode all the way
  • Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @YaleDawg dynasty is truly addictive 
  • Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @YaleDawg has been known to fire sale a team just for more draft picks
  • Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I'm the LBJ of franchise mode
  • Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When they do make a new NCAA we can set up a dawgnation online dynasty. Those were always my favorite. We'd get about 8 guys together and pick all different SEC teams and recruit against each other. So much fun.

• Options
    SniperdawgSniperdawg Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Loved the NCAA games, but don’t care a thing about Madden. It’s a shame that some nobody had to whine and complain to ruin it for all of us. 
  • Options
    Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @Acrum21

idk how you would decide who gets to play as UGA. Idk if that league would work here at DawgNation. 
  • Options
    EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019
    The dynasty mode ranking system is so bad in NCAA 2014.. I was in year 2025 with my Southern Illinois Salukis...we were 12-1 and SEC Champions..Southern University was the American Conference Champions and was 13-0 heading to the national championship game...I lost to 2-10 Missouri in the last week of the season so they dropped me in the rankings for number #2 South Carolin Carolina who FINISHED 9-3!!!!! man I was so heated...The ranking system is so shabby costed me a natty appearance....It is so outdated, we need a new college game fast...But I still play ,right now I am in year 2029..I lost in the 2029 Fiesta Bowl to #7 Clemson....50-48 3OT..We won the SEC though but finished 9-5 and unranked...but hey i still love it...
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    O and why in the hell is New Mexico State number 9...Just horrible ranking system...
  • Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

you would just put all the players in a random generated draft order to pick the schools. I personally like taking the smaller schools so nobody can complain about an unfair advantage 😉. I'll go ahead and volunteer for vandy/mississippi school if that league ever comes to pass

dang man that's dedication. I had to give it up about 2 years ago. I got to where I had to turn down all my sliders, make recruiting as hard as possible, slowest coach development etc. I'd start out as an OC/DC at like Utah St and then wait until I got a HC job I wanted. Really miss it though.

• Options
    Im a huge college football fan..Even though NCAA 14 is severely outdated..Were else can I do a dynasty as a college football team????Hopefully EA or any other video game publisher can come to terms with the NCAA.. It is a great void missing in the video game world...
  • Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Back in the day we'd get 8 folks surrounding the big screen and play 4 vs 4 in NCAA football. Some of the most fun I've ever had.

• Options
    Bsampson0317Bsampson0317 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Think about how much money would be made off this game and the amount of people that would go out an buy a console and get back involved in gaming. I know I would, I haven't had a console in over 10 years but the thought of another NCAA game would cause me to go out today and get back in.