Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Greg McGarity addresses Kirby Smart's feelings about UGA-Florida venue and more

SystemSystem Posts: 10,481 admin
edited June 2019 in Article commenting

imageGreg McGarity addresses Kirby Smart's feelings about UGA-Florida venue and more

A mid-June day at the Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall — home to Georgia’s athletic department — doesn’t look much different than any other office space. Employees are rushing to close the books on the fiscal year which concludes at the month’s end, and discussions are ongoing regarding a capital campaign to provide

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    patrickyaggypatrickyaggy Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Props to McGarity for acknowledging and validating his coach's dissenting opinion on UGA/UF instead of avoiding or dismissing their apparent disagreement over the issue. As for the other topics, I don't buy his answers. Re: Auburn and scheduling, his only explanation is a cryptic "you'll see"... no, we won't; if there were favorable scheduling news coming our way, we'd have specifics. Re: alcohol sales, I get the argument about greater complications with concessions (I feel like we only just recently figured concessions out), but his response to the disparity of attention between the sky-suite crowd and the regular fans is akin to him saying, "we haven't raised prices on you plebs because of the money from the sky-suites, so you're welcome."

• Options
    OzoradawgOzoradawg Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman
    The game needs to remain in Jacksonville. I like Kirby as much as anyone but this game is bigger than any individual. There is a reason it gets an automatic 3:30 CBS slot every year regardless of team records. It seems to me we are recruiting as good or better than anybody. Don’t ruin another great tradition!
  • Options
    johnchappelljohnchappell Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

Count on this. If UGA wins the national championship this year, then Kirby will for sure get his way and that game will become a home and home.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate to criticize coach here, but I think he's being very short sighted on the Jax game. 2 points to make here.

1. Very few teams in America have that kind of big stage game like we do. Move it to home and home and you will lose some of that national prestige.
    2. Doesn't seem to be hurting recruiting for either team.

If they do anything, they should push the NCAA to allow us an additional official recruiting visit or something to that effect.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

For the life of me I can't understand why they allowed Auburn to change the schedule, it totally benefits Auburn and does nothing for the Dawgs......BTW I remember when I was in Athens and the Georgia-Florida contrac t came up for renewal......People from Jacksonville were actually in Athens campaigning for JAX.......I've wanted home and home ever since