Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SEC Network expert: Georgia QB Jake Fromm making calls on and off field

SystemSystem Posts: 10,481 admin
edited June 2019 in Article commenting

imageSEC Network expert: Georgia QB Jake Fromm making calls on and off field

Georgia junior quarterback Jake Fromm might have more pressure on him than ever before, especially with an inexperienced receiving corps that he must get in sync

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No worries about Fromm's ability to lead this team. It's gonna be interesting to see if he spreads the ball around more evenly now that JJ is gone.

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just as Clemson's rise to the top has been predicated on stellar QB play (Watson, now Lawrence), so will UGAs. I have complete faith in Fromm to lead this team and I also believe he is surrounded with superior talent. UGA has out recruited Clemson for several years, but the difference, IMO, is coaching on the sidelines. Clemson has one of THE best defensive coaches in league in Venables. I'll say it again, I like our chances this year - as well as the next, especially if Fromm stays his senior year, which I believe he will.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jake can do only so much. The receivers have to do their job. Still, I think he'll "make them" do it, if that's possible. Considering the level of talent Kirby & Company have brought to Athens it's hard to imagine Jake not being able to lead our pass catches through a very productive "summer season."

I would expect he'll be able to get some fishing in. Not to worry about Jake being Jake.

Hopefully, leadership will be a two way street with the receivers inspiring Jake Fromm as they demonstrate their abilities, talents, and work ethic.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have no worries about Fromm leading this team. Now is the time to see which wide receivers want to shine and help this team the most.

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think the concern will be with the early games of the season. The hope has to be that having Vanderbilt followed by Murray State and Arkansas State with the 7-on-7 offseason workout and the fall practices will help Fromm to identify the guys with whom he is most comfortable throwing to -- the guys he knows he can trust to run the right routes, to make the right reads on WR read plays, to be on the same page with hot routes on blitzes, etc.

That is what has to be the focus this summer -- that Fromm sits down with each and helps correct each, and that each of those WRs displays their ability to learn and learn quickly.

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Fromm has to find his rhythm with the new receivers." Yes. Yes. Yes. Getting the timing down and getting familiar with each receiver's speed, I would think, is crucial for him. He doesn't have time to gauge each throw. It must all be honed down into a natural reaction, based on practice. Go Jake!!

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    I have no worries about this team
  • Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't like the insinuation that somehow Jake going hunting or fishing in the off season is detrimental to the team. All work and no play makes Jake a dull boy.