Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football position groups SEC ranking with Athlon, too high or too low

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited June 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football position groups SEC ranking with Athlon, too high or too low

Georgia football got some credit in Athlon Magazine, but one position group was considerably overlooked, while another was likely ranked too high

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Stokes will be a star this season, but Campbell didn’t impress me at all last season.
  • Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with all your comments except linebacker where you say “too high”. I think we are easily in the top 3, especially with all our young talent maturing. I think the #2 ranking in 2019 is spot on and we may be ranked #1 in 2020.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    For a true freshman playing opposite the nation's top CB, I thought Campbell did pretty well. Of course there's room for improvement, but the physical tools are there and he's coming into this season with lots of experience.
  • Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's not like it matters what they think now, but we all know that.

Personally I'd prefer to be ranked last going into the summer and first in mid January.

In many ways we have a team with enormous potential, layers of talent stacked deep, and great athleticism. Our experience is spotty. Some position groups could be underrated; none are guaranteed anything in terms of intragame rankings or post season rankings. I think we all know how important leadership and lifestyle and maybe luck over the next six months will be in determining how we end up ranked in our position groups and as a team.

To me, our lynchpin position group is the defensive line.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great points Jim. Did you know your last post was #1,000. I think we all need to celebrate in your honor!!? Just let us know where you want to meet and of course you need to buy.......or maybe the AJC will pick-up the tab. 😉

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looking at these rankings, they make it look like Florida is loaded. I don't believe that's true to see this, the Gators should be right there with us and Bama. Again, I don't believe that's true, but I guess time will tell.

• Options
    JustafanJustafan Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Disagree about defensive line. I think it's on par with other position groups. We will all find out soon.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for pointing that out. I was totally unaware of the milestone crossing. I'm sure the AJC has something planned to celebrate, but, instead, I'd like to celebrate by watching Florida implode a bit more (and suspect that will happen any second). Some things are just worth seeing.

Seeing as how the writers in Nashville really love those swamp losers the uf fans must be high as kites. Good for them. I hope they enjoy it. I plan to enjoy their return to reality soon enough.

Go, Dawgs!