Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Georgia WR Jeremiah 'J.J.' Holloman enters NCAA transfer portal, his case inactive

SystemSystem Posts: 7,422 admin
edited June 2019 in Article commenting

imageFormer Georgia WR Jeremiah 'J.J.' Holloman enters NCAA transfer portal, his case inactive

Former Georgia football WR Jeremiah 'J.J.' Holloman has entered the NCAA transfer portal after being dismissed from the Bulldogs team last week.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

He'll end up at a Div 2 school. I don't see a AD at a name school touching him, although I'm a believer in second chances

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don’t forget about the Barnyard......they love UGa rejects!!!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wonder if you get kicked off of a team and enter the portal if you get an automatic waiver.

As far as transferring to another SEC school such as the Barn it is my understanding that is not allowed if you are kicked out for domestic violence. But I certainly could be wrong about that.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 621 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I am conflicted to how I feel about how domestic violence issues should be handled with regards to transferring but I lean towards at least a one year suspension from playing in a Power 5 conference and the ability to return to a power 5 after the probationary period. With J J being a senior, obviously this would not apply to him. But, he is probably on the NFL radar anyway and I feel certainly he, or any other senior would be given a shot at the pros with no further incidents. If you can play, the NFL will find you.
  • Options
    Topdawg2002Topdawg2002 Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore
    Uf newest recruit
  • Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    IM BY NO MEANS JUSTIFYING HIS BEHAVIOR.... and fundamentally believe he cannot represent UGA on the field after making the choices he made and striking her, but does anyone else see what I see?

I see a vicious trend of victims who are allegedly exposed to various forms of abuse reporting their grievances WAY, waaaaaaaaaaaaay after the fact. I mean - I get that it’s private and victims can be shamed in cases of sexual misconduct, but part of me really questions the character/intentions of a person who’d wait a year(or decades in many cases) to go to the police.

I think if one is abused then it should be reported as soon as possible after it occurs. I believe someone should either choose to report it within a reasonable time frame (although I won’t pretend to know what those timeframes would appropriately be) or choose to deal with it another way.

However, I don’t believe that victims should have the power to retroactively tarnish another persons reputation when it becomes more advantageous to them to do so. Nor do I believe any human being is perfect and should have mistakes made in the past held over their head indefinitely by a victim.

All said, I hope that JJ owns his choices, realizes he was in the wrong, and is given a chance to learn from this and move on towards success. Georgia will miss him this year. Best of luck to him and the victim.
  • Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

In no way do I condone offensive violence against women, and I have no idea why the alleged victim in this case would wait over a year to file the report while declining to press criminal charges, and I will not speculate. What is known, however, is that this will cost Mr. Holloman dearly. He loses the chance to be the go-to receiver that a championship-contending UGA looks for and the chance to develop further and enhance his reputation and NFL draft position, including the compensation that goes with it. The NFL has shown the willingness to sit down its stars when confronted with evidence of domestic violence, and the owners have shown a willingness to devalue an incoming draftee to the tune of millions by drafting them lower and lower, if at all. It seems to me that this could not be about a payday, because that train has now departed. I feel for all involved, but actions have consequences. UGA will be fine, and I hope both JJ and the alleged victim can find healing and success in future endeavors. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Something I don't understand.. if you're no longer part of a team, why the need to enter the transfer portal? Should be like recruiting a HS player that has no ties to a college team. No longer under a scholarship at a college, should be able to pick any school he chooses. IF, a team is willing to take a chance on someone with an incident as serious as this on their record.. any thoughts or possible answers?
  • Options
    rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

He should go to a smaller school where he doesn't have to sit out a year and focus on getting things back on track. That will give him a chance at the NFL in next year's draft.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    The only reasoning I can see, by entering the transfer portal, he gets his name out there for other schools to see, that may not know of his dismissal. But, with media, and social media, that's an almost impossible chance they couldn't know of this dismissal.
  • Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Makes me wonder, when the girl waits over a year to file a report, and then doesn't want to press charges?

Either way, Holloman admitted to doing some of what she said he did. I hope he can find the right environment and everything works out for the best.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    UT, AU, or UF.
    It will be a race for the girl-beater...