Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

ESPN explains why new coordinators could determine Georgia's success in 2019

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited June 2019 in Article commenting

imageESPN explains why new coordinators could determine Georgia's success in 2019

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. ESPN labels what breaks need to go Georgia football's way to a national title in 2019 In 2017, Georgia came

Read the full story here

Comments

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The debacle at the 1 yard line would have had enormous consequences had we not soundly beaten fla last year. I think those plays pointed out scheme problems that others took advantage of in short yardage situations (see alabama and texas). More sophistication is needed in this area (drastic understatement).

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I may be off topic with this thought, but I am so glad to see Cheney gone. I didn’t like the hire from day one when I first saw a picture of him. I believe coaches should, to an extent, lead by example and that includes how you carry yourself and how you look. I’m trying to be nice here but Cheney just did not look the part of a coordinator. He just did not seem high energy. With Coley as our coordinator I’m looking forward to vast improvement on the offensive side of the ball. Go Dawgs!
  • JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To say he lacked imagination is a vast understatement.

My dead grandmother could have - if I put slips of paper with one of ten running plays on each of them - picked out of a hat random plays better than what he picked.

His reasoning went like this, "Well, it didn't work the first time, or the second time, or the third time, or the fourth time. Let's do it again. They won't be expecting it."

So far we're talking only running plays, but we certainly wouldn't want to include in that group a toss sweep, right?

Passing the ball? Let's say passing the ball is too dangerous. Not that it is, but run a pass play and throw the ball out of bounds (by mistake). Run the same play as a pass action run.

Doesn't take imagination, or at least not much. The average sand lot 8th grader could draw up better plays in the sand than he was able to come up with.

Probably we just didn't have the horses? Yeah, right.

Am I glad he's gone? I am, but I wish he'd gone to Florida.

Go, Dawgs!