Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Nashville Trip for Vandy.

SATX_DAWGSATX_DAWG Posts: 36 ✭✭✭ Junior

What's up everyone! I Just got my plane tickets and tickets to the game. I'm taking my fiancee to her first UGA game ever.

We're going to be there for four days. For those that have experience up in Nashville, what are some can't miss things to do besides the game?

I'm trying plan everything over the next few days so anything helps! Also, any tailgating advice would be awesome. Been to Athens, LSU, A&M, and Jacksonville. I Didn't struggle to find a good time lol. I'm not expecting Vandy to be like those places. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• jwmichael11jwmichael11 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

I live in Nashville. The Vandy tailgate scene is as bad as you'll ever imagine. I went to a Liberal arts college without a football team and am fairly certain we tailgated better than Vandy fans. Unless you know of people setting up a UGA tailgate, I'd resort to bar hopping, assuming that's your scene.

I'd suggest the Double dogs in Hillsboro Village or J Alexanders on West End. Double dogs will be a longer walk but is awesome to watch games beforehand, and at least the walk is through campus.

Aside from that, go to Broadway (1 night max) and have lunch at Hattie Bs. Depending on your age, I'd suggest Division street as a better area to go out, and all the restaurants on M street are great (Kayne Prime, Virago, or Saint Anejo). Good luck

• SATX_DAWGSATX_DAWG Posts: 36 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks for the tips! I took a screenshot for when we get up there. Double dogs and the walk through campus sounds like a cool idea considering its a night game. We're 26 so we will check out division street. Thanks again, much appreciated.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tailgating can be OK at Centennial Park depending on if anything is going on there. It is essentially across the street from the stadium. There are many good hangouts on west end, broadway and division. It isn't a major college town type atmosphere, but there is plenty to do. I wouldn't point out anything in particular as a must see however.

• Dawg0924Dawg0924 Posts: 130 ✭✭✭ Junior

Went to Nashville a couple weeks ago. Spent most our time on Broadway, plan on making trip for Vandy game and plan on hitting up Broadway again.

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Defiantly drive out to the Jack Daniels Distillery it’s about 30 min south of Nashville. It’s a pretty drive.

• SATX_DAWGSATX_DAWG Posts: 36 ✭✭✭ Junior

Defiantly going to check out broadway at least one night. (will be staying in the downtown area). @dbrown7494 I'm going to look into that. Sounds like a fun way to spend a half day.