Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Fan favorites: A Dawg Walk down Memory Lane

SystemSystem Posts: 11,058 admin
edited July 2019 in Article commenting

imageFan favorites: A Dawg Walk down Memory Lane

Picking your all-time favorite Bulldogs memory isn’t easy. 

Read the full story here

Comments

• Rusty69Rusty69 Posts: 67 ✭✭ Sophomore

One of my fav moments was when the whole team ran into the field after ga scored against fl

• PredatorsDawg1PredatorsDawg1 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Oh my....I was at UGA in the early 80's....so obviously, the 1980 Georgia-Florida game in Jacksonville is the best! Just before the game ended I hopped over the fence (tearing down the goalposts were on my mind), got tackled by a cop....and when the wave of humanity followed me over the fence, I took off...only to be bear-hugged by Nat Hudson...next, I ran through the team and suddenly between two Georgia State Troopers and into Coach Dooley! I shook hands with him....which I found out later was on TV! So every year family and friends are entertained with me shaking hands with Coach after the game via YouTube....it NEVER gets old! It was such a beautiful day in Jacksonville....especially when Lindsay scored....and then it started raining bourbon and Coke!

Others that could be mentioned....how about the 1983 Elite Eight basketball game against UNC....a Tar Heel team that had Michael Jordan, Brad Daugherty and Sam Perkins? We were deeper....Vern Flemming, James Banks, Terry Fair, Lamar Heard and Richard Corhan (who played the game of his life!). And pick any Dominique Wilkins game!

What about barking at Henry Field Stadium during the NCAA Tournament....especially at the UCLA players in the parking lot after they lost! And Mikael Perfors winning an individual championship!

There are so many! It's those memories that make our time at UGA so special! Thanks Bill for sharing the memories....and for being a DGD!

• CTBigDawgCTBigDawg Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

So many great memories- Tarkenton's pass to Herron to beat Auburn and win the SEC in 1959. The Flea Flicker when back-up QB Kirby Moore threw to Pat Hodgson who lateraled to Bob Taylor who went down the sideline and scored a TD and Moore to Hodgson for the 2 pt conversion to upset #1 and defending National Champion Alabama in 1965. That drive against GT in 1971 led by Andy Johnson and capped by Jimmy Poulos's TD to beat Tech. The 1976 21-0 win over Alabama. The Run Lindsey Run play against the hated Gators in 1980 and actually that entire enchanted season that started with "He's only a freshman" Larry Munson talking about Herschel running over Bill Bates on his way to a TD and win over Tennessee and other exciting wins that saw the Dawgs win a consensus National Championship. 2001 Hobnail boot play when David Greene hit Veron Haynes to upset Tennessee and reverse the losing trend to the Volunteers. The 2002 Greene to Michael Johnson play that beat Auburn and clinched the SEC championship. The 2002 David Pollock **** of South Carolina's QB and TD. The 2 OT win over Oklahoma in the 2018 Rose Bowl when Sonny Michel scored that 27 yard TD to beat Oklahoma and send the Dawgs to the National Championship against Alabama. These are only a few of the games that are so vivid in my mind.

• TBoltTBolt Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Going to the 1982 Georgia-Florida game in Jacksonville with my Daddy. We won, and Herschel went for over 200 yards.

• latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Walker running over Bates

Ben Smith ( an often forgotten Bulldog great ) interception against FL in 1989. Think he caused 4 turnovers that game. I think that was UGAs 10th win in 12 games against the hated Gators ….. Then Spurier happened

Terry Hoage sack of Nuhisel and UGA win that year vs a UCLA team Georgia was suppose to have no shot against

Long list of great plays come to mind

• natejawsnatejaws Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

1997 Florida game. We won 37-17 after dropping 7 straight. That was the first one I attended and hadn't missed one since. Rose bowl rivals it though.