Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

For second straight year, Florida players claim they're closer to beating Georgia than score indicat

SystemSystem Posts: 10,443 admin
edited July 2019 in Article commenting

imageFor second straight year, Florida players claim they're closer to beating Georgia than score indicates

HOOVER, Ala., — The last two times Florida has played Georgia, the final scores haven't been particularly close. The combined score of the last two meetings in Jacksonville has been 78-24. But to hear Florida players, tell it the final score doesn't indicate how close the game actually was. At SEC Media Days on

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    juneaudawgjuneaudawg Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

Who cares what the Gators think or say. All that matters is how we conduct ourselves and go about our business.

Go Dawgs

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How do you spell delusional?

Florida Gators.

• Options
    Rusty69Rusty69 Posts: 67 ✭✭ Sophomore

I predict the game will be a dead heat tie. Then it will start and the lizards will start the chant “ wait till next year. We are the better team “. The dawgs said that lie a lot during the Steve years

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I almost one the lottey but I picked 6 different numbers. what kind of crap are they spewing. Mistakes and turnovers are not small details in a game.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Florida players are trying real hard at the talking game! Maybe they get that from their head coach.

Meanwhile, in the real world Kirby and UGA just keeps pulling further ahead....

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like the gators just can't help embarrassing theirselves on and off the field. Serious question: Where does the name Lamical come from? I assume it's not simply a matter of someone regurgitating alphabet soup.

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I guess bc they had a lead for 1 drive in 2 games tbey feel it was

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mullet might have brought his best, but he didn't bring his brightest to media days. They confused UGA with Kentucky. I agree. They were close to beating the Wildcats last year and they will be close to the same talent level this year!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I want what they are smoking 😂

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let them talk with their mouths, Kirby’s Dawgs will do their talking with their helmets. I’m just not sure the turds are gonna like what the Dawgs will be saying.

• Options
    Bamf_btdBamf_btd Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Again with the Talk about Georgia coaches wanting to move the Georgia-Florida game from Jacksonville. Why doesn't anybody mention Scott Striclin's comments to Pat Dooley this past January??? Where Stricklin goes on record with his 5 year plan for Gainesville by A) SHRINKING the capacity of "The Swamp" from 88k seats to 75k seats and B) looking forward to playing the Dawgs in Athens and having them come to "the Swamp". This is ridiculous. Like in 2007, all anyone seems to remember was how Mark Richt and Damon Evans wanted to rotate the game between Jacksonville and Atlanta, but NOONE REMEMBERS (then UF President and now Florida Board member) Bernie Machen countering with cutting out Jacksonville all together and proposing the straight up home and home series instead.

• Options
    jmr8046jmr8046 Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

While Geogia's talent level is higher than Florida's, UF players are mostly right about last year's game. I remember all the goal line stops that pissed off our fan base. I also remember lots of overthrown receivers by Feleipe Franks. Then there was the 4 turnovers by Florida.Georgia didn't look good at all in that game, but thankfully the Gators were worse. If you disagree, go watch it again on YouTube.

I'm hoping our line can dominate on the goal line this year!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sometimes mistakes happen because a superior opponent simply put an unbearable amount of pressure on you. Those who point out the closeness of the game in the 4th quarter seem to forget the "mistakes" UGA made inside the 5 yard line and simply give uf credit for making "great stops". With reasonably imaginative play calling, those "miraculous" goal line stands would not have taken place. Take away each teams "mistakes" and we still win handily. Just my opinion.