Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National Toss Away Could Haves and Should Haves Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

" I coulda been a contender". Remember that movie line?

"Across the United States, the third Saturday in July recognizes Toss Away the “Could Haves” and “Should Haves” Day In short, don’t go through life with regrets. 

Created by author and motivational speaker Martha J. Ross-Rodgers, this day is intended for everyone to let go of the past and live for the present. The first step to participating in this day is to find a pen and paper. Then write down your “could haves” and “should haves” on the paper. Finally, throw away the list. 

Once you have thrown your “could haves” and “should haves” in the trash, make the following resolution:

“From this day forward, I choose not to live in the past. The past is history that I can not change. I can do something about the present; I choose to live in the present.” 

These phrases take many forms. “What if I…” or “If only…” type thoughts keep us from moving forward. This day focuses on eliminating the thoughts that cause us to choose the past over the future. Sometimes it’s a matter of making different choices now that matters most. 

Now, take care of yourself and your health by living for now. Do your best and make the best of each and every day! "

Is this good advice. Absolutely. Is it difficult to do? Absolutely. Is it worth the effort? Absolutely.

If that's a bit preachy to your ears, and I can see where it might, it's also National Lollipop Day. Enjoy.

Comments