Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

92.9 or 680?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    680 The Fan

Nope. It’s alwaysbeen like that for me in any vehicle I’m listening to AM radio in. Sun goes down and it’s gone.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm pretty sure that the signal loss at night on 680 and a lot of AM stations happens not because of the atmospheric stuff(though that does affect AM signals) but because most are required by the FCC to cut their signal(I guess for power saving reasons) power at night.

The really powerful stations like 750 still have a bit to spare but 790 used to be horrible at night because they had the weakest signal in town. Didn't matter since they were the Tech "flagstation" lol.

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    680 The Fan

It’s funny that I lose 680 the fan when the sun goes down, but I start picking up a news talk station out of North Carolina.

• Options

I gotta say, podcasts and having a vehicle with decent bluetooth connectivity have almost completely replaced sports talk for me. If I want local flavor/homerism I can listen to DND/UGASports or a few others and if for some reason I feel the need to listen to moronic callers I can download an hour of Finebaum.

I used to be a pretty avid 680 listener.

Buck and Kincade: used to be the prime slot back in the day. I don't really share the fondness for Buck that some of y'all do but he's at least self aware about living off his past achievements. Kincade is a pro: I'll give him that.

I'm probably mixing up guys/stations because there has been a lot of movement over the years. Chuck Oliver is good as long as he's not talking about Auburn. I like Dukes And Bell for Falcons talk. In fact if I DO listen to sportstalk now it's probably 92.9. But the effing commercials drive me crazy. Pls don't ban me:

• Options
    bobbybobby Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ Junior
    680 The Fan

I'm 680 all the way, but in no way can I listen to Buck going solo without Kincade. Its painful to listen to.

• Options
    LegalizeWeedLegalizeWeed Posts: 73 ✭✭ Sophomore

No idea as I haven't listened for years. And honestly I just assumed all others have moved on as well. Podcasts are so much better because of choice of content and ability to listen anywhere.

• Options

Speaking of 680, as I said I was a fairly regular listener years ago: does anyone remember when they had an older college football guy on there named Max Howell I think it was?

He was on one of their shows but also had a syndicated Finebaum-esque show that they would play at nights where most of the callers seemed to be from Mississippi. Lots of Hotty Totty calls lol.

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    680 The Fan

And Brian Finneran is just God awful. STILL. And Sandra should be a hairdresser. Poor Steak! 😂😂😂😂