Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Jake Fromm on freshman George Pickens: 'Could be next A.J. Green'

SystemSystem Posts: 11,060 admin
edited July 2019 in Article commenting

imageJake Fromm on freshman George Pickens: 'Could be next A.J. Green'

There were always great expectations for UGA 5-star signee George Pickens, even before last month’s stunning turn of events that led to the abrupt dismissal of the Bulldogs’ top receiver. It looks like you can certainly count Jake Fromm on the Pickens’ bandwagon, too. The Georgia quarterback compared the freshman’s

Read the full story here

Comments

• bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would think a freshman WR would consider a text from his starting Qb a top priority.🤷🏼‍♂️ I hope this isn’t a sign of something.

• LowcountryLowcountry Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior

SEC offensive freshman of the year. Mark my words.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 29,251 mod

Sounds to me like he was giving love to someone working hard rather than playing favorites

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think some are reading way too much into Fromm's one line comment. A J Green was 6′ 4″ when he signed with Georgia.

Pickens is 6'3.5" and the tallest of the 2019 freshman receiver recruits, and was recruited ( like Green) to play wide receiver.

Blaylock's likely bound for the slot receiver position. Fromm's been making positive comments about all the new receivers since they signed. Just a QB who knows how to motivate his players...

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Many seem to want to pick at each word or phrase uttered by a young man in his late teens/early 20s like they are pronouncements from on high. Jake is a young man who is excited about life and making his place in it, as are most all people in this age group. I enjoy reading their off-the-cuff remarks. Just my opinion.

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited July 2019

I believe Pickens will be critical down the stretch, but a Blaylock is just more of a finished product at this point in time. Runs better routes and understands how to create separation a little better. This will pay dividends against the better backs he’ll be up against. Still hoping for stellar things from Pickens before the seasons over though.

• Rusty69Rusty69 Posts: 67 ✭✭ Sophomore

I hope each freshman player can make a positive impact when given the chance

• maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

After losing Jadon Haselwood to the sooners, we're very fortunate to land a player of George Pickens caliber. This guy is the real deal! We need to recruit more players like him and Dominick Blaylock that plays with purpose, passion, and pride. I don't no how the season will play out but I'm extremely upbeat about those 2 and Dan Lanning (DC).

• TransplantedDawgTransplantedDawg Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not drinking the kool-aid just yet- we’ll know after the Notre Dame game what we have to work with. But I’m loving the competition level!!

• latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2019

Not sure we will ever see another player with the hands of AJ Green

Might be some come along faster bigger stronger and with better moves , Maybe even better overall however be it at UGA or in the NFL he has as sure of hands as anyone I ever seen

Megatron the best overall WR I ever seen in my lifetime , Jerry Rice and Julio Jones are better overall than Green but I don't think a single one them has as sure of hands

Not sure about Pickens, Hope he is as great as people claim

What I do know after seeing Blaylock play several times. He is a player that gets overlooked with the big time hype yet every time you look up he is making crucial catches to win games or reeling off long TDS …...He is not big enough, He is not fast enough, He just keeps producing and getting the job done …..Reminds me a lot of Terrence Edwards with a bigger knack for hitting the home run play