Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SEC Media Days voting results say Alabama is significantly better than UGA. Here is why they're wron

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited July 2019 in Article commenting

imageSEC Media Days voting results say Alabama is significantly better than UGA. Here is why they're wrong

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. What the SEC Media Days voting says about Georgia football Last Friday, Georgia was voted to win the SEC East

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

There is but one way to get the naysayers and doubters to change their perception about us - play to win four full quarters. I hope and believe Coley might be the difference maker. Enjoyed the article, Conner - GO DAWGS! GATA!!!

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sorry about misspelling your name, Connor.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It takes a few years and recruiting classes to build the talent and depth to catch up to Alabama. Kirby now has 4 (3 full classes) on board.

This will likely be the last year that any of Richt's players are on the roster. Starting next year we'll see the pre-season selections gap close with Alabama. GOOODAWGS!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm glad Alabama is getting all the accolades now. I'd much rather those come our way after the season.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"Clearly, the biggest takeaway is that the media has the perception that there is a wide margin between the Bulldogs and the Crimson Tide."

I dont think that is clear at all. I think that the vast majority of the media feel that there is a very narrow margin between the two, but given that they can only vote one or the other as #1, Bama gets the wide majority of the votes. IMO, anyone who would say that there is a wide margin between UGA and Bama, hasnt been watching any games lately.

• Options
    UGAGloryYearsGradUGAGloryYearsGrad Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

There has been an unquestionable gap in talent the last two years when Georgia played Alabama. All you have to do is look at the number of Alabama players taken in the NFL draft versus Georgia in the last two yeas. 22 for Bama and 13 for the Dawgs and they had many more players taken in the earlier rounds. Also we were facing a head coach widely considered the best of all time. To me it is a huge credit to the UGA players, Kirby Smart, and the coaching staff to have played Bama as closely as they did in those two games. The gap is closing quickly. Go Dawgs.