Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Following Jake Fromm's endorsement, should Georgia consider wearing black jerseys against Notre Dame

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited July 2019 in Article commenting

imageFollowing Jake Fromm's endorsement, should Georgia consider wearing black jerseys against Notre Dame?

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Georgia football fans, players want black jerseys to return for Notre Dame game No, Georgia won't seriously

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I doubt black jerseys would be used for Notre Dame. I would love it if we pulled them out for Murray State though. Once a year for a Murray or Arkansas State would negate the worry over artificial juice. And it would give the team and fans something they seem to want. When used like that for a few years, it would be no big deal to wear them.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited July 2019

Please drop this topic in the bucket with JVile and Fields. The average fan doesnt care Regardless of what you might think.

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yawn, Black jerseys are no interest to me.

How about bring back the Red pants for Home games with the White Jerseys …… Last time I saw Red pants on the Georgia team Walker was running over people and UGA won the national title

• Options
    DawgForLifeDawgForLife Posts: 24 ✭ Freshman

This thought just needs to be let go. Gets debated around this time every year. It was a great visual the first time and could've been a cool go-to look but it didn't work out. Leave the gimmicks for the upper northwest.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

Do it against one of these smaller teams like they did in 2016. Recruits love them. One game won’t hurt anyone

• Options
    bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here we go with this same **** topic. What else could the media talk about if not for the black jerseys. Im sure jersey color matter very little to the players and less to most fans but the media is infatuated with it. Please let this topic die!

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Please give the tired black jersey debate a rest. If Kirby decides to do it, great. Otherwise, just stop please.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I love Red, I love Black, I love White. I love Red, White and Black, whatever UGA is wearing. I just want to see some football!!

• Options
    AceDawgAceDawg Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

When you have one of your most prestigious home games in your school's history with ND coming to town for the first time ever, I think you go traditional red and tee it off between the hedges. Your program is on display for the nation, and you want to capture the moment the right way by giving folks a dose of UGA tradition. I wouldn't be upset if UGA somehow chose to wear black anyhow for this one, but I'd save it for a more traditional opponent personally. They could still do it for a big game, just not a once in a lifetime one like this. SC, Kentucky, Mizzou, A&M - pick one of those if they are a night game.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Seems like black jerseys on a Saturday afternoon in September would not be a good idea. Going way back, I went to the first game Eric Zier played in against Western Carolina. I bought a black UGA t-shirt for the game and regretted it after 10 minutes. Bright, sunny and, of course, hot and humid. By halftime I had cut a vent in the shirt below my throat and was soaked with sweat. Never wear a black shirt in the afternoon in Athens before late October, fan or team.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The problem with the black jerseys is that we kinda became superstitious with it and believed that it'd give us an "edge". I don't think you want to use it in a critical game (especially not in a highly watched game like ND) but I absolutely see no reason not to let them get excited about it in a cupcake home game.

Take your plannest lowest-attendance game and make it an official black-jersey game and get it sold out. Use it for recruiting purposes as well.

• Options
    juneaudawgjuneaudawg Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

2 things we can be sure of. Kirby will not subscribe to fake excitement. He will have our team pumped up to play, not play in black jerseys.

The second, no one is going to tell our head coach how to run the program. He listens and then is calculating about what he does, whether great or fake punt versus alabama.

Overall, we will be ready for notre dame.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CMR was an excellent host when Bama was invited to Sanford Stadium for Saban's coming out party in 2008! Not only did Richt have the Dawgs prepared to play down from their talent level, he had them dress special for the occasion! Any Dawg fans that didn't want to stay for the entire party were able to leave by halftime.

• Options
    YardDawg51YardDawg51 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

BACK IN BLACK GLAD TO BE BACK ....LET LOSE FROM THE NOOSE ...UNLEASH THE BEAST BETWEEN THE HEDGES LET THE DAWGS EAT SOME LEPRICON SOUP,, WITH A SIDE OF IRISH TATERS ,,, ITS SO AWESOME WE HAVE THE PAST DAWGS COMING BACK TO COACH"EM UP ... HEAD DAWG KIRBY,, WITH THE MR. STICKY FINGERS WARD.. GOOOOO DAWGS SIC"EM

ALL JOKES A SIDE ! MY BOYS AND MYSELF LOVES DAWGS FOOTBALL ,BASEBALL BASKETBALL . UGA HAS BEEN A MAJOR PAST TIME FOR MY FAMILY SO MANY GREAT MEMORIES SPENDING TIME WITH MY SONS AND UGA SPORTS ...LOVE YOU DAWGS ,,,,

WE BLEED RED AND BLACK

TIMMS FAMILY , CLEVELAND GA

• Options
    YardDawg51YardDawg51 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

BLACK JERSEY ,,,PSYCH GAME AGAINST THE IRISH.GET INTO THERE HEADS . BOTTOM LINE IF THE PLAYERS WANT THE BLACK ITS WHAT I WANT .........(TEAM)🏈

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is no reason to look at wearing black jerseys as a motivational gimmick. CMR created that monster and we're still paying for it. It is a fashion choice. I can take 'em or leave 'em. While I do get it about protecting our brand and all--if it means a lot to the kids, then why not once a year for a cupcake game?

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

How's about we forget about black jerseys and get our freaking SILVER BRITCHES back. Just go look at Herschel and Co and teams afterwards wearing the (Dallas Cowboy replica) pants. They look fabulous. If Howdy Doody (McGarity) can't make it happen, get somebody who can. If NIKE can't make it happen, Under Armour is ready to make it happen.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As a proponent of the black jerseys, I don't want to give the dolts (every fan base has them) any more ammunition. I strongly doubt we'll lose to ND, but in the unlikely event that it occurs, and the black jerseys are worn when it does, that's it. I can kiss goodbye the prospect of seeing them again in my lifetime.

I think Smart had the right idea bringing them back for the first time against a cupcake; there's no more reason to extol them as "juice," or whatever you want to call it, than there is to ban them if a game is lost while they're worn. That said, I think it's a bad idea to reserve them exclusively for cupcakes.

My proposal: Determine in advance, before the times for any games are known, that from this point forward, black jerseys are worn for home night games. Unlike most schools that have recently rolled out black unis, black is actually one of our school colors. It wouldn't be gimmicky or trendy, like it is for those other schools, it would just be a great new tradition. And if we stick to it, there would ultimately be no more reason for people to associate wins or losses with the black jerseys than there is with the red or white jerseys.

• Options
    DestinDawgDestinDawg Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Red, white or black just bring football on Saturdays back. 🏈🏈🏈🏈🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆