Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

College football is becoming a Superteam sport and Georgia is trying to keep up

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited July 2019 in Article commenting

imageCollege football is becoming a Superteam sport and Georgia is trying to keep up

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Kendall Milton's comments indicate Georgia football is building a Superteam CLOVIS, Calif. -- Georgia landed a

Read the full story here

Comments

• Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

We need some 5 stars on the def. line and to expand or mix up the playbook so we are not running the ball 80% of the time

• MountainDogMountainDog Posts: 151 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It was actually closer to 60% last year, which was a nice improvement from the prior season. Statistically, that number is a bit inflated due to Kirby’s ground and pound approach beginning usually in the third quarter to run out the clock in games wrapped up. In the first half of most games last year, I believe we were close to 50/50.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I believe Jordan Davis was a 3 star. Kirby and coaching company seem able to spot "diamonds in the rough". Another example is J. R. Reed, a 3 star transfer from Tulsa. That being said, I would love to see some 5 stars added to our DL.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Overall, nice article, though I think the tone is somewhat amiss. If I'm not mistaken, Georgia has signed more talent than any other program in the nation over the past 3 years. That's not to suggest that it's time to rest in their laurels. It's an arms race to be sure, but considering the past few signing classes, and the fact that the "average talent," so to speak, of this year's class trails only Clemson at the moment, I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest that they're having to "try to keep up." A better argument could be made that Georgia's is the team to catch.

(And before anyone points it out, yes, I'm aware that it hasn't yet translated into national championships. The article is about amassing talent, so I'm responding on that level.)

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Man Dawgnation has the worst reporters other than Sentell and Griffith.. Recruiting hasn't changed its always been an arms race on talent.