Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Brent Musburger calling it quits, his last broadcast will be UGA

SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod
edited January 2017 in General

vs. Kentucky Wildcats basketball on Jan 31 per Twitter:

I was never a big fan of his but now Verne Lundquist & Musburger gone.

Comments

• SnoopDawgSnoopDawg Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

HATE Musberger. Dude trashed on Bama QB's girl.

Hate Uncle Verne too, he couldn't remember anybody's name anymore. smh. Reminded me of Harry Carey.

Good riddance - let the Jim Nantz SEC era begin!

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lundquist and Musburger were good in their day. I grew up hearing them call games. Keith Jackson was another guy that stands out over the years. I have a lot of good football and family memories in which their voices were a part. Sure, as they aged they had their problems. That won't diminish their good work in long careers in a grueling business.

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That Georgia Kentucky game he called this year was painful.

• Dawg88Dawg88 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good riddance! Musberger can gtfo right now. And he can take that Dawg-hatin' clown Gary Danielson with him!

• daddydawg72daddydawg72 Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@SnoopDawg said:

Good riddance - let the Jim Nantz SEC era begin!

Brad Nessler's coming to the CBS 3:30 SEC game, not Nantz. Nessler calls a good game. I wish CBS would show Gary Danielson the door. Maybe his contract is close to being up.

• CobuCobu Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Glad to see new blood coming in! Used to turn up Munson to tune out Vern and Burger. Been having to suffer through it these last several years! Hope they don't bring in Herbie!!!