Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Brenton Cox to Gators?

Comments

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dismissed from the team, or the school? Also, the stories I’ve read have described the parting as “mutual.” We all know what that means, but I’m wondering if that factors in as well.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nice to know that Fleriduh doesn't mind having someone that will always break contain! GO DAWGS!!!

• superblackeaglesuperblackeagle Posts: 303 ✭✭✭ Junior

Do not tell me there was no tampering involved in this.

• MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here are the relevant NCAA rules:

Exceptions

Exception: If you meet a legislated exception, it means a specific regulation will not apply to you. The school to which you are transferring determines whether you are eligible and has the authority to apply exceptions.

One-time transfer exception: If you transfer from a four-year school, you may be immediately eligible to compete at your new school if you meet ALL the following conditions:

• You are transferring to a Division II or III school, or you are transferring to a Division I school in any sport other than baseball, men's or women's basketball, football (Football Bowl Subdivision) or men’s ice hockey. If you are transferring to a Division I school for any of the previously-listed sports, you may be eligible to compete immediately if you were not recruited by your original school and you have never received an athletics scholarship.
    • You are academically and athletically eligible at your previous four-year school.
    • You receive a transfer-release agreement from your previous four-year school.

Waiver: An action that sets aside an NCAA rule because a specific, extraordinary circumstance prevents you from meeting the rule. An NCAA school may file a waiver on your behalf; you cannot file a waiver for yourself. The school does not administer the waiver, the conference office or NCAA does.

Transfer Process

Academic year in residence: Under the basic transfer regulations, you must spend an academic year in residence at the school to which you are transferring. If you transfer from a four-year college to an NCAA school, you must complete one academic year in residence at the new school before you can play for or receive travel expenses from the new school, unless you qualify for a transfer exception or waiver. To satisfy an academic year in residence, you must be enrolled in and successfully complete a full-time program of studies for two-full semesters or three-full quarters. Summer school terms and part-time enrollment do not count toward fulfilling an academic year in residence.

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

Absolutely. I sincerely doubt Mullen was talking to Cox all offseason trying to flip a scholarship player. He has trouble getting high school students to commit. He's not recruiting scholarship players at other schools.

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks. So how were coaches able to refuse a request to transfer to certain schools, was it the transfer release? I think there was an SEC rule about intraconference transfers, is that no longer in effect?

• DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, as if our OLine don't already have enough motivation to squash UF's Dline, this is just gonna make them circle the cocktail party on the calendar 3 or 4 more times with that red magic marker.

I'd like to see Thomas or Wilson turn the boy into astroturf pancake myself.

• TMDawg7TMDawg7 Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

C’mon now this is Cox ego going somewhere to have an “I’ll show them” moment. Why else would he go there? He could have literally went anywhere he wanted. Kind of shocked he didn’t end up at Bucknutz.

• JMFDJMFD Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

He should fit in nicely with all the other delusional thugs down there. Good riddance.

If this works out for them, they got themselves a ball player. Not happy about that!

• JamesTwitJamesTwit Posts: 422 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Cox is a problem child. This should work out good for us. Gators think they got an elite player. They got a troublemaker who'll screw up team unity even more and eventually leave Fla or be dismissed again I bet.

• GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think that's giving Mullen way too much credit. He couldn't orchestrate his way out of a wet paper bag.