Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Florida Gators 'feel good' about waiver request for ex-UGA LB Brenton Cox to play this year

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageFlorida Gators 'feel good' about waiver request for ex-UGA LB Brenton Cox to play this year

Brenton Cox, who was on UGA’s roster just last week, could be playing for the archrival Florida Gators this season. Florida coach Dan Mullen told reporters on Monday that (1) the Gators are applying for a waiver for Cox and (2) that he’s confident that it will be granted. Strange, but true – and no one could blame

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UF players are really able to sell the quality of Florida weed over that available in NE Georgia.

Our OL would have to feel good about playing against our former fourth string OLB!

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rest assured, if it's unjustifiable, the NCAA is on it.

• UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So Luke Ford gets hosed, and Cox, probably, will be eligible. What a joke! Mark Richt has lost control of the NCAA.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We're about to find out if Florida has as much sway with the NCAA as Ohio St does. Some do, most don't...

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Fine with me. Let’s just run the ball to his side all game. Swift will have 300 yards by halftime

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In the nonsensical world of the NCAA he probably has a good shot at getting a waiver. I hope his waiver is approved and he is a starter for uf. I would like to see how he matches up against UGA's Offense. I suspect based upon his performance last year and the fact he dropped to 4th or 5th string this year he will not be much of a threat.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No way a true dawg and can a gator.....

• SubmarineDawgSubmarineDawg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ridiculous if they let him play this year. Just call it what it is - free agency.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

On a funny side note.. Tate Martell will not be the starter at Miami, just as I figured. Miami Named Jarren William's the starting QB. How's a bench in Miami any different than 1 in Ohio Tate? They aren't, just a lot hotter in southern Florida HAHAHAHAHA

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Who really cares? The NCAA is a joke anyway! They give Fields what he wants, but tell Ford no, those decisions should have been the other way.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe Mullen has learned to take what he can get. Besides, what else is he s'posed to say? "Getting this guy is bad for our team."

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There has to be some type of tampering going on here. He was on our roster just last week and now Florida is applying for a waiver to grant him immediate eligibility? I've always wished players well when they decide to transfer, but I wish no such thing for Cox.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the Orlando Sentinel is correct that UF will use the “Tucker and Sherrer departures” as an excuse for Cox’s appeal. Imagine what will happen if the NCAA accepts that reasoning. Every player in the country would be able to appeal because assistant coaches change schools at light speed. OMG.....this is crazy!!!

GO DAWGS!!!

• SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If the DC and position coach thing works, it'll take the NCAA to yet another level of hypocrisy. Cox's departure is 8 months after Tucker left and well over a year after Sherrer left. There's no way you can draw a line between them leaving and that being the reason Cox transferred.

Luke Ford was recruited by Shane Beamer and apparently that wasn't taken into account there.

All that being said, the fact that Cox would be in line for playing time after a week on the team tells me all I need to know about FU's defense.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Zero Chance his waiver is granted. I truly hope what's best for Brenton is what occurs. HOWEVER, if he can take up a scholarship for one additional year by not getting approved, that too would put a smile on my face. I can't believe players want to play for Mullen. The guy honestly creeps me out.