Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football Practice 10 report: Jake Fromm sharp, D'Andre Swift late

SystemSystem Posts: 11,080 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football Practice 10 report: Jake Fromm sharp, D'Andre Swift late

Georgia coach Kirby Smart wanted Jake Fromm to respond to an off scrimmage on Saturday, and the Bulldogs' third-year QB has done just that

Read the full story here

Comments

• bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dominic Blaylock behind a no name scout team player?😳

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bull68dawg - Maybe the WR room is really getting that competitive?

And Woerner said something that I suspected all along last year: Fields' was an irritant to Fromm, and possibly the rest of the team.

Remember the Florida game last year, when it was clear that Jake was the starter? So glad last year is behind us!

• bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Loranwhaddayagot that could be completely true but if that’s the case then not knowing the name of the player who is competing and beating out a highly publicized recruit is disrespectful to said scout team player.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bull68dawg - You're certainly correct about the disrespect. I'm trying to be optimistic about the level of competition, and I like to see a highly touted player do well, but it doesn't always work out that way.

I just really want our receiver group to shine. I'd like to see Tommy Bush have a good year.

I feel like we need Arik Gilbert...we won't get a player like that unless we show that we have a need for him.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So was #1's presence the reason Fromm struggled so until the UF game? Yes, the substitution pattern ****, but so what? Like every player on the team, Fromm needed to shine every opportunity he had on the field or watch someone else get your snaps.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love a coaching staff that is so much about competing that scout team players are seen getting opportunities in the media period!

My concerns are with this Great Wall, I just hope the hogs are ready to maul some folk. Thankfully we have a few warmups to start the season.

go dawgs!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the photo is of Zamir White and Stetson Bennett, not D'Andre Swift. Also, not the least bit surprised about Fromm being upset that Fields got snaps. I never thought the two of them got along. There was just no cohesion and I think that did hurt the team's chemistry. I get the sense (only from what I read on DN) that players are making a concerted effort this year to be more unified. Go Dawgs!

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think, maybe, the Fields situation was a coaching moment, for the coach. Prima Donna gonna be Prima Donna. Fields would could have been a super star next year at UGA if he (and his family) had been patient. Just my opinion.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's the Dog Days of summer. and like the DJ said in the movie, Good Morning Vietnam, "It's Hot, It's ******** Hot".