Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football's new DC Dan Lanning 'outside the box,' impressing Kirby Smart

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football's new DC Dan Lanning 'outside the box,' impressing Kirby Smart

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart took a chance on promoting young Dan Lanning to defensive coordinator, but the 33-year-old has quickly shown his value in fall camp

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Seems like problems in the red zone are a carry over from last year. Remember the Fla game

• Options
    KeithsaxonKeithsaxon Posts: 683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was thinking the same thing when I read this! Coley and Pittman might want to do a little more scheming!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"I’m looking to play as many guys as we can that are ready to play”, that is why I think later games will go well for us. 4th quarter should belong to us in every game.

I'm thinking that the offensive line has heard so much about the situation in the uf game that will not be a problem this year. I do not think the defenses we will face will be as good as ours. I view problems against our defense, in particular at the goal line, as encouraging news about our defensive line rather than indicative of problems with our offense. Just my opinion.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope Coley finds a way to seal the ends on short yardage plays. Against UF, the problem wasn't so much the OL, but 92 coming around the end and wrapping the ball carrier in the backfield. Chaney never adjusted the blocking scheme and we continually got embarrassed.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Too many UGA fans are still rehashing over plays during games from last year. "Remember the FLA game", Remember the LSU game", Remember the ALA game", and last but not least "Remember the Texas game". Focus on this season, this team, and these coaches. Until August 31, 2019 the Dawgs are unbeaten and untied this season. Go dawgs!

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

Some coordinators have the power to inspire and influence players to perform at the highest level, but, unfortunately, some don't have that ability. Erk Russell and Brian Van Gorder did those things very well and we won't know until they play a few games to see if Dan Lanning has that gift. I think he has the potential to be very good.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm excited to see what Lanning will bring to the table. With Kirby's comfortability in his Dbs this year we should see more deliberate pass rushing. I want us to terrorize some qbs this year.