Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Richard LeCounte is arguably one of college football’s most underrated players

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageRichard LeCounte is arguably one of college football’s most underrated players

Georgia safety Richard LeCounte hasn’t shied away from criticism. He’s willingly taken it head on, and used it as fuel to attempt to improve his game. However, perhaps too much attention has been paid to his perceived shortcomings at the expense of not noticing LeCounte’s true value to the UGA defense.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

LeCount is underrated because his HC doesn't let the football world know how good he is. I think Kirby hopes none of his players are up for awards, so he can keep them all with a chip on their shoulders. Let's hope Kirby's head-games pay off on some of these upperclassmen.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawggy WOW! What in the world are you talking about? Kirby is coaching up the team and that is what every Great Coach does.

• Options
    dieharddawgdieharddawg Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

This is a test.

• Options
    dieharddawgdieharddawg Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman
  • Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Many fans expect perfection from Dawg players and only harp on the "failures" (Jake is another example). Seems like they think those same mistakes by the other team are due to the skill of our players but not vice versa. I'm sure those fans live that type of life on a day by day basis, but they're just going to have to be patient with us mortals (I must admit, sometimes I slip into those ranks myself).

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have always liked LeCount because once he committed to UGA, he was ALL IN. He never wavered, which is a testament to him considering he has relatives who were pretty good players for the Florida Gators back in the day. My issues with Richard is not that he's afraid to be physical on the football field; clearly he is not that. But in his tackling and in his pass defense, he often seemed to take bad angles on plays. When he would get ready to tackle someone, he would often try to wrap his arms around their heads and wrestle them to the ground like a rodeo cowboy, instead of just meeting the ball carrier head-on. Hopefully, with his extra bulk and strength he'll do more of that. And on pass defense, instead of sort of giving a few yards on the pass play (because he was the last line of defense), Richard would cheat up and come in for the INT only to have the ball sail over his head. (The Florida game where UF scored the first touchdown of the second half is one example of this). I think Richard is a good football player and a DGD. I hope he has an excellent season, and if he cleans up a few things, I think he will. Go Dawgs!