Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart comments on 'championship or bust' mentality surrounding Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageKirby Smart comments on 'championship or bust' mentality surrounding Georgia football

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Kirby Smart shoots down 'championship or bust' mentality for Georgia football Georgia coach Kirby Smart was

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA championship or bust mentality is great for gators and other opposing fan bases. Odds are stacked in their favor that they can sneer at us even when we give them a whooping. There is more than one great team vying for the top.

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2019

or bust ????

so much for a coach having integrity or will CKS resign or maybe pay back his years salary if they lose …… what exactly will be bust with the multiple Millions he will cash in on win or lose

As for Fromm he has done a great job as a game manager and doing whats been asked of him . Not much more can or should be said of him good or bad.

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

All we have to do to be National Champions is win every game we play

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think finding the right ingredient will be key for Kirby. For an example, by adding a elite rb (HW) to his program, coach Dooley finally got over the hump. When Nick Saban left MSU his entire coaching staff remained behind and he was compelled to start over with a new coaching staff in tiger land. Through the process he assembled a very solid staff and finally won his 1st NC in 4 seasons. Dabo Swinney needed a elite QB and a very intelligent DC Brent Venables to finally get over the hump. I can go on and on about this but at the end of the day Kirby has to put it all together himself.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

NC or Bust mentality??? I honestly do not think this is a real mentaliy of most UGA fan. Does every Dawg fan ( and every fan of any D1 team for that matter) aspire to have their team win a NC? Yes! Do they consider not reaching this NC a BUST? NO.

Rather, it is a perception that the media creates. (Just like anything politial/T related in the media. ) I hate when the **** question is asked and written about.

Compete and be in the mix. Control your own destiny. Continuous improvement. UGA is over the hump. Keep chopping wood and do more. Ready to get started.

• Options
    BowdCrowderBowdCrowder Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman

Man, love seeing those Thomas Davis hits!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That is unarguable. The same thing is true for every team in D1 college football.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

When the team plays near their potential in each game, I do not see another college football team that we should not beat, even if that other team plays near their potential. For every minor weakness we have, there is an offsetting strength. Potentially off on the DL, fantastic defensive backfield, potential problem at received, none better on the rest of the offense. I like our team, hands down, over every other team, including Alabama and Clemson. Just my opinion.