Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart makes light of D'Andre Swift in non-contact jersey

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football coach Kirby Smart makes light of D'Andre Swift in non-contact jersey

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart said junior D'Andre Swift

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let me parse this coachspeak crappola from CKS for you fellas:

1. Swift has some sort of undisclosed injury. It's not so major he has to sit out of practice, but major enough they don't want him hit. That means that he will start against Vanderbilt, but he won't be 100 percent for that game (and may not be all year, which is the real reason Kirby is being "edgier" with the media). I hope Swift isn't developing into a "he'll be great IF he can stay healthy" sort of player, but my fear is that he already has become that. Which means that something I've been thinking for months now, I'll go head and put it on record -- I predict that Zamir White will be the starting running back by second half of the season, certainly by last 3-4 games, and Kenny McIntosh will get a lot more playing time than coaches initially anticipated when they signed him. Brian Herrien is a hard-working dude, but he's probably 3rd best running back on the team, maybe 4th best. He'll look good against the early-season cupcakes, but you'll see what I mean once they start playing against SEC competition. Remember, you heard it all here first.
    2. Salyer and Dean will be good to go, sort of. I'm not sure about Salyer, but I predict Dean will get significant playing time (if he isn't starting) by mid-season. He's very smart (according to all who know him) and smart guys with talent play on defense because they can anticipate what's going to happen. Roquan Smith was fast and talented, but he was also intelligent, so he anticipated and saw plays in his mind before they unfolded on the field, which helped him make seemingly impossible plays. They say Dean is much the same way and that's going to take him to the top if he truly is recovered from the injury. Salyer, I'm less sure about. When big men like him get hurt early in the season, their injuries just seem to hang around all year. They never get back to 100 percent. I think it has to do with their weight, but whatever, I just think he's going to be playing hurt all season. Thankfully, our O-Line is a position of quality depth.
    3. This guy's name wasn't mentioned in this post, but I want to bring him up again, for the record. I predict that D'Wan Mathis won't be cleared for contact this entire season. I mean, the kid had brain surgery, which by definition is not minor. He's done well to get back to where he is, but I believe he's a long way from being football ready. I think team (coaches) is reluctant to declare him out now for a couple of reasons. One, we don't want to appear as thin as we really are at the QB position. And two, I think it really will help Mathis out, mentally, to hold on to the chance that he might play this season. But I predict he won't be cleared and at the end of the season (or maybe just before the end of it), they'll redshirt him and have him in competition next year.

Let's see how close I get on any of this. And Go Dawgs!