Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Channing Tindall, Tyrique McGhee are perfect representations of new Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageChanning Tindall, Tyrique McGhee are perfect representations of new Georgia football

ATHENS, Ga., -- Georgia's returning sack leader hasn't been talked about all that much this fall. No, it wasn't Brenton Cox or Adam Anderson. And it wasn't one of the many veteran defensive linemen on the 2019 roster. It's sophomore linebacker Channing Tindall, who picked up 2.0 sacks a season ago — pressuring the

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great little article about these guys - guys who are firmly in the DGD category - guys who understand the importance of contributing to the team effort however they can. Special Teams is, according to me anyway, a third of the game. It's vitally important.

It's very easy to think of most ST play as mundane, ordinary, and just foreplay for the main event. If something goes very very right it's gravy. If something goes bad wrong the train can come of the tracks real quick.

Thanks, guys, and I mean these guys and everyone on the team, for working your tails off to make this a Georgia team you'll be proud of for the rest of your life.

Sometimes I think Kirby uses ST as an IQ test. Smart guys figure out ST will get you on the bus.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

McGhee is a great player, a DGD; but...comparing him to a member of the backfield that essentially cost us a Natty with a bust on the last play in 2017 is not something that most would term a compliment.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The players that work hard to dominate on special teams are the ones that understand their HC. Kirby's stated desire for his players to dominate his man on every play includes special teams. Now, I hope Kirby is working just as hard as his players to learn to dominate the opposing HC on the sideline! In year four, Kirby is at a point where being a new head coach is no longer an excuse for bad game/clock management. In 15 years CMR never improved in that area and it cost his teams games. Kirby has been great building a team that is going to be in the playoff hunt annually. Players play the game, but the HC is the 12th man when it comes to affecting a close game. We have seen up close and personal how the HC can cost us a game. In Kirby's case, not improving his game (game/clock management) can cost his dominate team a chance at a Natty! Go Kirby, Go DAWGS!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Many talented players shining on special teams that don't start on offense or defense along with a mix of some that do seems to be a hallmark of Kirby's coaching philosophy. In retrospect, I think this is a significant change from previous UGA head coaches (at least starting with Coach Dooley and going forward, I don't remember much about Coach Butts).

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hmmm, I can’t remember. How many years has it been since special teams was nothing more than an afterthought! Go Dawgs!