Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Don’t count out Brian Herrien in battle to become UGA’s next 1,000-yard rusher

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageDon’t count out Brian Herrien in battle to become UGA’s next 1,000-yard rusher

Running backs Brian Herrien and Elijah Holyfield entered Georgia as members of the Bulldogs’ 2016 class, and both competed for playing time on Kirby Smart’s first team. Herrien got the initial nod – supporting Nick Chubb, and playing in place of the injured Sony Michel in UGA’s 2016 season opener vs. North Carolina, earning seven carries for 59 yards and a touchdown.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't wait to see what Herrein does this year. He has bulked up and is always ready.

No back on the roster wants it more than Brian. I won't be surprised if he gets the bulk of the No.2 back reps.

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

The thing that I notice about Brian Herrien is how strong he is. He has the tenacity to be as productive as the other backs. Can we win a national championship with him as the feature back? Maybe. Dell McGee does a great job of influencing all the backs to run with power. Kudos to him.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I remember watching him in that North Carolina game and thinking that we really got a last minute steal in Herrien. In his few carries, he looked great. I still think he has a high ceiling and only exceptional running backs have kept him on the sidelines. Now he has experience along with strength and toughness, I think he is going to play a pivotal role for us this year.

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think he will be the surprise. He’s strong and runs hard. Against a tired defense, him coming in fresh could hurt some teams

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1 of my favorite players on the roster.. runs hard, never goes down easy when defenders wrap him up, and has a great attitude! Best of luck during the 2019 season Mr Herrien..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,883 mod

I think he will play himself into being drafted next year

• Options
    DawgForLifeDawgForLife Posts: 24 ✭ Freshman

Pulling for him this year. One of my favorites and i hope he gets his due.

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

A good receiver as well as a good runner. Very consistent, reliable and hard working player. Will do anything to help the team. No doubt he will make a NFL team if not drafted.

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Herrien gets 1000 yards then things at UGA has went to hell for the season

1000 yards in modern is not the same accomplishment as it was 20 years pluss ago. Today you have at least 2 more season games then you have a conference championship then you have bowl games that count and playoff games that count

Herrien is in line to get 300 or so yards if all goes well this season and for those numbers to grow 2 of the other 3 backs would have to go down