Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football freshman arrested on DUI-related charges early Sunday morning

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football freshman arrested on DUI-related charges early Sunday morning

A Georgia freshman from Memphis, Tennessee, was arrested and booked on Sunday morning on charges relating to DUI and underage possession of alcohol

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let's hope this young man will learn and mature from this. Not excusing his behavior at all but I went to college and am very much aware, even way back then, that the number of college students that drink (and drive, many times) is not a small percentage. What he "allegedly" did (not convicted yet) is wrong, dangerous to himself and others and can't be excused by "everybody else does it". This must be a "once and done" problem for young Mr. Norton and he will, I'm sure, pay a painful price extracted by Kirby and his teammates, deservedly so.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I pray Mr. Norton learns MANY valuable lessons from these poor choices and matures from the pending discipline and wisdom that will be gained from it. "Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom."

• Options
    1970Dawg1970Dawg Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well said Bro...big %...nowdays these kids have so many options they should never be the headlines in these stories!

DAWGNATION has better stories about these young studs to share!!

• Options
    Rusty69Rusty69 Posts: 67 ✭✭ Sophomore

To me how punishment should be done by everyone:

for freshmen:

1st in house punishment

2nd 3 games

3rd 6 games

upper classmen

1st 6 games

2nd whole season

3rd you are off the team

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kid made a mistake that Millions of college kids do every weekend. They get drunk (underage) have fun and party He was lucky no one was killed or injured.

He has a great chance to learn and grow into the man he will become from this with very lil personal cost. **** it up pay the fine, Do community service and take your football punishment and never drink and drive again …….. as for the underage drinking and partying Come On Man he is at college

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Since he likes being out and about at 4 in the morning, I'm sure Sinclair and staff will accommodate him. Yes, Norton made a common freshman error in judgement, but he isn't a common freshman. He is a scholarship player at UGA, and the spotlight is on you from now on.

hopefully, he'll learn from this and never endanger himself and others like this again.

• Options
    OKDAWG64OKDAWG64 Posts: 26 ✭ Freshman

My kids, from the time they are sophomores in high school, have accts with Uber and Lyft with my credit card on the accts. I have a no punishment policy when they use it as I know each time is a potentially fatal accident avoided as well as a costly DUI charge. I get notified every time it us used so I can talk to them if there seems to be excessive partying but they have all been extremely responsible. There is no reason to drink and drive these days. Almost any Uber ride in Athens is going to cost $10 or less. Come on kids, it's not worth it!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mistake one, strike one! Let me say this if you get arrested at 4:44 AM. and get released at 5:25, that's only 1 hour and 19 minutes. What have you learned in that short of time? Why not at least 12 hours to think and reflect what you did wrong, and how it could have been so much worse. You are not injured or dead, and no one else is injured or dead. If you are going to drink, don't drink and drive. Too many people think, well I have special abilities, I can drink and drive very well, better than most people drive sober. No one drives better while drinking, it just doesn't happen.